Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    To all who are supporting Bryant and Carrier

Have the circuit brd problems been resolved?

Does Carrier use their own T-stat?

Sounds Like an interesting system, What are the benefits having this system over Lennox?

Thumbs up Hybrid ~ Heat

Carrier Infinity ~ Hybrid Heat
    Might want to check out Carrier hybrid heat systems.

If your looking for comfort and reliability, then go to yellow pages and find a Carrier Factory Authorized Dealer in your area. Get a quote from him.
    Ask about rebates..
    "Everyday above ground, is a good day".
    "But everyday that you have made a difference in someones life, may insure you stay above ground a little longer".<aircooled>

Quote Originally Posted by tomgeer View Post
    To all who are supporting Bryant and Carrier

Have the circuit brd problems been resolved?

Does Carrier use their own T-stat?

Sounds Like an interesting system, What are the benefits having this system over Lennox?
    What circuit board problem?

Does anybody knows if Bryant makes a 3 1/2 ton HP? If not should I go up or down (3 vs. 4ton)?

Quote Originally Posted by HomeowneNOVA View Post
    Does anybody knows if Bryant makes a 3 1/2 ton HP? If not should I go up or down (3 vs. 4ton)?
    Yes , they do in Performance , and Comfort Series Line. But, alas not in the Infinity line it's either 3.0 ton or 4.0 ton.
    "But everyday that you have made a difference in someones life, may insure you stay above ground a little longer".<aircooled>

Also, now I understand better why nobody wants to push for a 90% furnace, it is the cost of installation. My basement is finsihed and I will need to spent more fixing the drywall and other issues resulting from the new exhaust installation and at a $2500-3000 cost differential it does not seem worth the trouble. Any comments?
    Yes- running PVC through drywall is cheap, cheap, cheap, don't understand what the cost issue there is.

I also don't understand the cost issue. For not much more than your cost differential, I got a 95% Modulating furnace, installed. By the time I added a humidifier and some filter box work, I was up to nearly 1/2 of the highest bidders' price for a 2-stage.

Get more estimates.

-HF

Quote Originally Posted by hangfirew8 View Post
    Yes- running PVC through drywall is cheap, cheap, cheap, don't understand what the cost issue there is.

I also don't understand the cost issue. For not much more than your cost differential, I got a 95% Modulating furnace, installed. By the time I added a humidifier and some filter box work, I was up to nearly 1/2 of the highest bidders' price for a 2-stage.

Get more estimates.

-HF
    I got six estimates and all said the same, will need to either have a long run and have to insulate the pipe since it has to extend beyond the outside deck (about 20') or cut thru joist and concrete. Yes the difference between the furnaces is about $1000 but the additional labor for the exhaust plus the drywall repairs adds up. Given our climate it would seem to me that i will be using the HP most of the time, say 75% to 80%, it seem to me that the investement for a 95% is not a good one. What do you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by aircooled53 View Post
    Yes , they do in Performance , and Comfort Series Line. But, alas not in the Infinity line it's either 3.0 ton or 4.0 ton.
    In that case should I go with the higher capacity?

Nova, I have a Carrier Infinity system 25ana/cva 80% vs furnace, infinity controller, W/ new carrier infinity air purifirier. Absolutly LOVE it Energy costs have dropped a ton.pardon the pun! lol

In that case should I go with the higher capacity?
    I would not make that kind of judgment without seeing your home or ductwork design.

Might want to discuss it with a Carrier dealer in your area.

HomeowneNOVA: Please let me know who you end up using and your experience with them.

I can highly not recommend Snell and Son - according to them
    These new split fuel aka 'hybrid systems' are brand new on the market and we don't service them.
    After they charge you $80 to come out on a Saturday.

Andrew

If you go to Carrier.com then home comfort. You can find a dealer in your area, If they are Factory authorized they are still usually an independant contractor and need to live up to a very strict set of standaerds to maintain that. These hybrid systems are not new to United Technologies. The factory right now has a 10 year parts warranty on a system for $40.00. You can buy an extended labor warranty for 10 years as well. These warranties I believe are underwritten by ma Carrier herself the dealer is paid directly by the factory. Thats how we are set up. Most all other equipment has a third party firm for insurance. Historically this does not work well.

York has a 10 year parts warranty that comes with the unit, depending which model line you buy.
    Duel fuel/hybirds aren't anything new. Installed my first one, in 80 or 81, it was a Thermopride HP, and oil furnace.

CFAD, doens't mean they are the are the ones to use, if they haven't been installing hP's.
    Any brand will do, as long as the contractor knows what he's doing.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast