Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 40 to 52 of 69
  1. #40
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    The South
    Posts
    2,240
    Quote Originally Posted by HomeowneNOVA View Post
    I wish I could use zones. Unfortunately, the builder went with a munimal approach to construction and one trunk line services the first and second floors. As I understand it, the only way I can zone is adding another unit.

    Today I think I found a winner, Bryant Evolution system with a 80% furnace and a HP. Any comments on Bryant systems.

    Also, now I understand better why nobody wants to push for a 90% furnace, it is the cost of installation. My basement is finsihed and I will need to spent more fixing the drywall and other issues resulting from the new exhaust installation and at a $2500-3000 cost differential it does not seem worth the trouble. Any comments?
    Nova

    the model number for the Bryant Evolution 80% gas furnace should be 315AAV or 315JAV.

  2. #41
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    The South
    Posts
    2,240
    Quote Originally Posted by HomeowneNOVA View Post
    I wish I could use zones. Unfortunately, the builder went with a munimal approach to construction and one trunk line services the first and second floors. As I understand it, the only way I can zone is adding another unit.

    Today I think I found a winner, Bryant Evolution system with a 80% furnace and a HP. Any comments on Bryant systems.

    Also, now I understand better why nobody wants to push for a 90% furnace, it is the cost of installation. My basement is finsihed and I will need to spent more fixing the drywall and other issues resulting from the new exhaust installation and at a $2500-3000 cost differential it does not seem worth the trouble. Any comments?
    Nova

    the model number for the Bryant Evolution 80% gas furnace should be 315AAV or 315JAV.

    For the HP,I suggest either the single stage Preferred 15 Mdl 165ANA or the two stage Evolution 16 Mdl 286ANA. And of course, you will require the Evolution controller and some type of air cleaner cabinet.

    IMO

  3. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by acmanhoney View Post
    I work NOVA and sell infinity, my customers love it with superior humidity controll
    and i still get amazed at how quiet it is, infinty controll is very nice. i would do 96% in my house with 19 seer heat pump, carrier is also kickin out a $1100 rebait, 4-6 weeks, we sell trane and carrier. go with a good company that can size install and maintain your COMFORT system to max out efficiency and your comfort. choose by comfort,efficiency then price


    ps hybrid works great in metro area with our high humidty, hot summer, sometimes freezing winters. people say they love it
    check out hvacopcost.com

    Alexandria VA


    Could you suggest some good companies in this area?

  4. #43
    Ok, after this weekend I have narrow it to these two options:

    Bryant;

    Heat Pump model 286 ANA
    80% back up furnace model 315A
    with fan powered Humidifier and evolution controller

    or

    Lennox

    HP model XP16
    G60 UHX furnace
    Lennox signature thermostat
    Fan powered humidifier and a pure air filtration

    Any comments? Which is better? what is a good air filtration system?

  5. #44
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Rochelle Il / Chicago
    Posts
    169
    I'm a Lennox employee and am naturally going to lean toward the Lennox system. Both systems are offering good controllers. Pure air is a very good air cleaner, but not needed in all homes. do you or any one in your home have upper respiratory problems, allergies? if not , I would only recommend Healthy climate Merv 16. This is rated #1 on consumer report. Is the Bryant / Carrier system a 2 stage v furnace and 2 stage heat pump? If not, you're apples to oranges. I have a G60dfv and xp15, Humidatrole, Honeywell IAQ stat, HRV, UV500, and toped with a Merv 16. Great system.

    I work for Service Experts / golden Seal. Lennox owned.

  6. #45
    it is my understanding that both are two stage furnace with variable speed motors and that the HP are dual speed.

  7. #46
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Rochelle Il / Chicago
    Posts
    169
    apples to apples then

    I'm honestly not familiar with the other brand.

    You have your work cut out for you

    Lennox and Bryant both last

    What is the filtration the Bryant dealer is suggesting?

  8. #47
    I am not sure. He did not have a brochure on it. I will be calling them back for a more detailed proposal.

  9. #48
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Rochelle Il / Chicago
    Posts
    169
    there are many good filters out there

    I personally like the BMAC "box Medea air cleaner" I always up size the filters for lower static drop.

    The hard thing is to not get caught up in sales pitch's

    What do you need for filtration?

    Lennox way of thought is " Merv 10 protects system, Merv 16 Protects you and your family"

    I only have a 8-10 Merv in my system

  10. #49

    freezin

    Just be careful with humidifiers in the attic. They will freeze if it gets cold enough. The same with the 90% furneces. The condensate traps and drains will freeze if it gets cold enough. If the attic is a conditioned space then no problemo. But otherwise an 80 is perfect for u.

  11. #50
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    24
    Carrier Infinity all the way. The Infinity wall controller handles all Modulation and internal control of the system including troubleshooting of the system like an automobile. The bryant evolution system is made by the same people. UNITED TECHNOLOGIES they make Blackhawk Helicopters and Pratt and whitney jet engines. As for zoning? The Infinity has a plug and play Bus connection. You would need to run another trunk in the basement to separate the second floor thats it. You cant imagine how well it works. It IS better and more efficient than having two separate systems because the system communicates and knows the conditions upstairs, let alone the remote capabilities. Broadband remote access. Nice rebates until july. We are an installing contractor in NJ you are too far away for us.

  12. #51
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    The South
    Posts
    2,240
    Quote Originally Posted by HomeowneNOVA View Post
    Ok, after this weekend I have narrow it to these two options:

    Bryant;

    Heat Pump model 286 ANA
    80% back up furnace model 315A
    with fan powered Humidifier and evolution controller

    or

    Lennox

    HP model XP16
    G60 UHX furnace
    Lennox signature thermostat
    Fan powered humidifier and a pure air filtration

    Any comments? Which is better? what is a good air filtration system?
    NOVA

    go with the Bryant Evolution system-the same as Carrier Infinity. I still prefer a 95% eff furnace but I will assume that's not feasible for your application. In your case and location/climate, I would expect the HP to provide 75+% of your heating needs as long as its sized correctly.

    As far as air filtration, I think a good 4-5" media cabinet, Merv8-10 is more than adequate for most homeowners. Keep in mind, the EACs require regular maintenance/cleaning by the homeowner, burn a little electricity, and produce small amts of ozone. As far as brands, Bryant/Carrier offer models as well as Aprilaire and Honeywell. Regardless, you want a unit placed for easy access for changout or cleaning/maintenance.

    IMO


    Bryant air filtration
    http://www.bryant.com/products/perfe...rs/index.shtml

  13. #52
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Rochelle Il / Chicago
    Posts
    169
    Quote Originally Posted by shackleford View Post
    Just be careful with humidifiers in the attic. They will freeze if it gets cold enough. The same with the 90% furneces. The condensate traps and drains will freeze if it gets cold enough. If the attic is a conditioned space then no problemo. But otherwise an 80 is perfect for u.
    You can instal a steam humidafier, locate in conditioned space and run dist. tube to suply side of air handler

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event