High Quality Finished Products

The first picture may surprise you.

At the time, I was managing another company. I showed at a job with this brand new, straight outa high school kid. I hired him on a temporary basis as a favor for our sales rep. I pulled the other guys off the job to go tie up some loose ends on some other jobs. All that was left was some insulating and cleaning up. I tell the kid "Insulate all the sheet metal fittings with this fiber glass." Then out try and specifically point out what I wanted insulated and cleaned up. I then tell him "I have some more runnig aound to do, call me when your amost done. I'll be about 10 minutes away." I leave and figure it should take hime between 35 and 50 minutes to perform the tasks assigned. An hour and 15 minutes go by and figure it just took him a little longer than normal so I head back. I pull up to the job and their is still a mess. He's not downstairs so he must be in the attic. As I walk over the the crawl hole, he's jumping down, dripping with sweat and exhausted. He says "I'm out insulation." Of course, I was impressed with his effort but I was confused because their were 2 Rolls of 9" cut there! It shouldnt have even taken one complete roll. I jump into the attic and look around. I bust out laughing when I see that he insulated all the sheet metal fitting then started wrapping the R-8 Silver Jacket duct work that was installed. He thought thats what he was supposed to do. Hilarious!

The second pic is of my buddy.

We were in that tight attic for days. No space tons of ductwork! and we shared the space with a 5 TON furnace and Evap. Good times with friends!
    Attached Images Attached Images   

So you hire a teenage kid who has never been on a job before and leave him there by himself?

Wowzers.

Chicago is an indian word for stinky!!!!!!
    -supertek65

gotta be specific with people that have zero experience. that guys eyes are freaking me out!
    HVAC PRO IN THE MAKING
    NATE's:
    Gas Heat Service/ Installation
    Air-to-Air Heat Pump Service/ Installation
    Air Conditioning Service/ Installation

Remove the roof and do the work

don't be mad at the kid, be mad at yourself.......there's no way he even had a clue as to what needed to be done. There are guys in this industry for lots of years that still cant do what you asked of a high school kid.

I never got mad at the kid. I was actually very pleased with his effort. He tried hard and did the best job he could, I couldnt be mad at him for that. Plus he was a nice guy and laughed with me!

I tried to be specific but I think he was nervous.

I wish I could have stayed or left one of the other employees but there was just too much going on that day!

That's funny stuff right there. Did you re-do it ? If not it will be on the Wall of Shame in a few years when someone else goes up there.

I bet he was awfully itchy afterwards.

haha

I thought about taking it off but I've never installed R-10 flexible duct before! The flex duct was R-8 plus the extra insulation = R-10... or something like that.

If i get to see that in the wall of shame down the road, i will be ecstatic!