Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

It Can't Happen Here

Seems to be the mindset of many uninformed and uninterested Americans. Radical Muslims, not the ones who came here to get away from the tyranny, the ones who are heard and seem to be the only ones speaking up, are encroaching on the culture and customs of Europe at an alarming rate. They do not want to assimilate into their culture, but would rather have Europe bend to their culture. Comming soon to a country near you. Seems strange to me why they would leave their "oppressive" countries only to have the same laws enforced on them in their "new" homeland, huh? That would be Sharia law.

http://brain-terminal.com/posts/2007...w-rules-europe
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/4226758.stm
    http://www.newswithviews.com/Roth/laurie47.htm

The German people didn't invade Poland, Hitler and his army did.
    The Cambodian people didn't slaughter their people, Pol Pot did.
    The Burmese aren't killing monks, the army is being ordered to.

If you don't cut the head off the snake, it will do what it does.
    Bit by bit, they erode your freedoms, just open your eyes.

I'd like my kids to have a chance at a good life if they're in this country, probably doubtful at this point, but that'll be their choice.

The leaders of these radical movements need to be be snuffed, or the virus will spread. Simple, really. How many examples do you need ? If you don't learn anything from history, you are destined to repeat it.
    Tough times don't last...Tough people do.

Midnight Sun Astrophotography

Quote Originally Posted by tunnel_rat View Post
    What the heck?

Uh... last I heard, the German people LED by Hitler invaded Poland. Pol Pot by himself inflicted practically no damage, but he certainly inspired others to do so. Who were those people that actually killed?

Not quite a historian I would guess?

Jeez.
    "Social networking" is an oxymoron.

Quote Originally Posted by scrogdog View Post
    What the heck?

Uh... last I heard, the German people LED by Hitler invaded Poland. Pol Pot by himself inflicted practically no damage, but he certainly inspired others to do so. Who were those people that actually killed?

Jeez.
    The whole German population invaded huh? Really? People was meant as a "general" inference. The army was responsible, you'll agree with that right? Under a "leader".
    Did you read the post?? It is not about Germany....

Seems to be the mindset of many uninformed and uninterested Americans. Radical Muslims, not the ones who came here to get away from the tyranny, the ones who are heard and seem to be the only ones speaking up, are encroaching on the culture and customs of Europe at an alarming rate. They do not want to assimilate into their culture, but would rather have Europe bend to their culture. Comming soon to a country near you. Seems strange to me why they would leave their "oppressive" countries only to have the same laws enforced on them in their "new" homeland, huh? That would be Sharia law.
    http://brain-terminal.com/posts/2007...w-rules-europe
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/4226758.stm
    http://www.newswithviews.com/Roth/laurie47.htm

If you don't cut the head off the snake, it will do what it does.
    Bit by bit, they erode your freedoms, just open your eyes.

I'd like my kids to have a chance at a good life if they're in this country, probably doubtful at this point, but that'll be their choice.

The leaders of these radical movements need to be be snuffed, or the virus will spread. Simple, really. How many examples do you need ? If you don't learn anything from history, you are destined to repeat it.

Those links are scary. Great post and links. I would like to add one for any who care to look at the Koran themselves. It is an on line Koran curtesy of the University of Vir.
    http://etext.virginia.edu/koran.html

Yes those who are not religious will not speak up because they are afraid of the consequences. Worse than being banished say from the Mormons or excommunicated from the Catholic Church. At least you don't get killed and tortured for it. A good percentage of them want Sharia law and about 20% approve of suicide bombers. A lot of the young ones are radical and we are spending millions if not billions in the US trying to prevent them from doing another 911. It would be a whole lot easier if we didn't have them to deal with and sure not let more in to the US because even if they are true "refuges" their children have a good chance of becoming our enemy in the near future.
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

What the heck?

Jeez.

Hitler was a absolute dictator and so was Paul Pot. If you were in the German Army and did not obey you would be shot for it. There never was a vote to invade and the German people had no say so in it. He had Generals executed for treason. The Army, on orders which they couldn't refuse, invaded Poland no historian would or could argue that. Jeez I think his point was you have to get the leaders and not the common people but when it comes to Muslims I can't totally agree with that. I think we should stop all immigration to the US of Muslims and people from predominately Muslim countries in order to protect ourselves.
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Hitler was a absolue dictator and so was Paul Pot. If you were in the German Army and did not obey you would be shot for it. There never was a vote to invade and the German people had no say so in it. He had Generals executed for treason. The Army, on orders which they couldn't refuse, invaded Poland no historian would or could argue that. Jeez
    Jeez, I thought he was an historian...

The whole German population invaded huh?
    Um, no. What they did do, however, was to support the war effort.

Really? People was meant as a "general" inference. The army was responsible, you'll agree with that right? Under a "leader".
    Yes, really. The "people", however you wish to define it, THEMSELVES did the killing OR made the material to support the effort! You have a bizarre view of war.

Did you read the post?? It is not about Germany....

Have you ever read a history book? It is ALL ABOUT Germany.

Hitler was a absolute dictator and so was Paul Pot. If you were in the German Army and did not obey you would be shot for it. There never was a vote to invade and the German people had no say so in it. He had Generals executed for treason. The Army, on orders which they couldn't refuse, invaded Poland no historian would or could argue that. Jeez I think his point was you have to get the leaders and not the common people but when it comes to Muslims I can't totally agree with that. I think we should stop all immigration to the US of Muslims and people from predominately Muslim countries in order to protect ourselves.
    You mean, they ALLOWED themselves to be enslaved. Would you say they were outnumbered, Glenn?

Don't be silly. The people were oppressed and should have risen to stop THAT rather than what actually happened.

You mean, they ALLOWED themselves to be enslaved. Would you say they were outnumbered, Glenn?

Don't be silly. The people were oppressed and should have risen to stop THAT rather than what actually happened.

The post is about Sharia, not friggin Hitler..... We beat that one.

The post is about Sharia, not friggin Hitler..... We beat that one.
    I understand that but your examples suck. Because all I just said of Hitler is true of Pol Pot.

It is also true of modern anarchists like terrorists. Either you buy in to the crap or you don't.

How about all the communist dictatorships in the world? China, the old Soviet Union, North Korea, Cuba, etc. They have a network of spies. and if you are found to be plotting against the government that is treason. There were several groups which were found out in Germany and the members were executed. The "White Rose Society" in Munich was found out by the Gestapo and 6 students and a professor were executed by beheading. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Rose
    Hitler got 44% of the popular vote in 1933 not by promising to start a world war or to invade any countries but to restore German pride and honor. After taking control he no longer allowed any more elections. You can no more blame the Germans for WW11 than you can the Chinese people for the genocide in Tibet or the invasion of Korea or the murdering of 70 million people in China during Mao's rule. Same with the old Soviet Union, Cuba, etc. The unequal and unfair Versie Treaty at the end of WWI set the stage for Hitler to come to power and the rest is history so to speak.
    Barry Goldwater

I understand that but your examples suck. Because all I just said of Hitler is true of Pol Pot.

It is also true of modern anarchists like terrorists. Either you buy in to the crap or you don't.

Well, it is the "leaders" who get these movements started. My OP stated that the head needs to be cut off. Period. People are basically sheep or lemmings in a group mentality. Once the leaders are unmasked, or defeated, things seem to settle down is what I'm saying. Muslim radicals want Sharia law enforced here as in where ever they are from. But the PC mentality of this country will try to accommodate the radicals and not want to "offend" them. BS. This is our country still. And there are some who don't mind to to give it away and turn us into Somalia. Fine for you if that's what you want, I won't be here but I'll still be watching....

How about all the communist dictatorships in the world? China, the old Soviet Union, North Korea, Cuba, etc. They have a network of spies. and if you are found to be plotting against the government that is treason. There were several groups which were found out in Germany and the members were executed. The "White Rose Society" in Munich was found out by the Gestapo and 6 students and a professor were executed by beheading.
    Excellent essay, but I'd have to say it is incomplete. You have failed to describe who is ultimately responsible for that state of affairs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Rose
    Hitler got 44% of the popular vote in 1933 not by promising to start a world war or to invade any countries but to restore German pride and honor. After taking control he no longer allowed any more elections. You can no more blame the Germans for WW11 than you can the Chinese people for the genocide in Tibet or the invasion of Korea or the murdering of 70 million people in China during Mao's rule. Same with the old Soviet Union, Cuba, etc. The unequal and unfair Versie Treaty at the end of WWI set the stage for Hitler to come to power and the rest is history so to speak.
    I can blame anyone for anything I want. It's about the general populace being wolves or sheep. Of all people, Glenn, I thought that at least you would get that.

Oh well. Next hero.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast