Thread: matched system????

Post Likes

matched system????

I received a quote for a new carrier infinity system with the following equipment
    24ana148a003 condensor
    58cva090-1-16 furnace
    cnphp4821ata coil horizontal tin cased
    infinity controller

on the description line for the furnace it says weathermaker is this compatible with the infinity? i could not find info on it

Post Likes
    58cva090-1-16 furnace
    It is a two stage, variable speed 90kBtuh (input) 80% efficient gas furnace with a four ton blower package.
    That furnace is the 80% Infinity model.
    This space for rent.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 4l530 View Post
    It is a two stage, variable speed 90kBtuh (input) 80% efficient gas furnace with a four ton blower package.
    That furnace is the 80% Infinity model.
    According to ARI, it is a matched system with a SEER rating of 16.00 and EER rating of 12.40 (ARI Ref. #1076871)--something to consider. Not 21 SEER, but you do get the scroll compressor. The 24ANA748 gets 11.00 EER and 15.00 SEER (ARI Ref. #874028) and uses a reciprocating compressor (50%/100% capacity split). Good luck. You're looking at a nice system as it is. I don't know where you live to accurately comment on the furnace efficiency.

Post Likes
    Looks good to me,get the 10 years parts and labor upgrade!!If you want peace of mind.
    It's NOT the BRAND,it's the company that installs it!!!!!

Post Likes
    i live in New Orleans, La with the stated combo you get 16 seer are there any 4ton options to get the full potential of the condensor. i know the 21 seer is for like a 2 ton unit but is 16 as good as 4 tons get

Post Likes
    With a 5-ton Carrier coil it looks like you'll gain yourself a 1/2 SEER. With a 3rd party coil from ADP (not a Carrier coil, so check to confirm warranties and whatnot) you can get 17 SEER and 14 EER (outstanding).

Post Likes
    Lol @ ARI's rating conditions......
    This space for rent.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in