Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

An insider's view of Polygamist sect

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/...r=HOME_3997462

Unless any of us have lived through this we cannot have any idea of what these women and children down in Texas are going through.
    http://www.bankingonheaven.com/

For those that question why someone would go back if the situation was 'so bad' inside the sect, perhaps this will answer that in some part. It's scary that things like this are going on large scale in this country in this day and age.
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

I can't figure out why any man would want one wife. You women are all crazy. I thought this only happened in Utah.

I don't think they do it to have a "honey, I'm home" type of wife. They do it to have as many indentured servants under their control as possible. The women do all the work and aren't allowed to travel--they just stay at home to work and have babies.
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by mrs reb77 View Post
    I don't think they do it to have a "honey, I'm home" type of wife. They do it to have as many indentured servants under their control as possible. The women do all the work and aren't allowed to travel--they just stay at home to work and have babies.
    I can't get the links to work. Are these people Mormons? Or are there other people that live that lifestyle?

Mormons will tell you that these people are not affiliated with their religion. Who knows.
    I use Firefox, maybe that's why you can't access links? They are both active.

Mormons will tell you that these people are not affiliated with their religion. Who knows.
    I use Firefox, maybe that's why you can't access links? They are both active.
    They of course are not affiliated directly to the existing Mormon Church but they do consider themselves followers of the profit Joseph Smith and thus are the "true" Mormons.
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Yeah, I guess they consider themselves Mormon but the accepted Mormon church doesn't. Kind of like Scientologists consider their cult a religion but accepted religions (and sane people) don't.

Jeez...when you explain it that way it doesn't sound that bad....
    Not everything that counts can be counted. And not everything that can be counted counts.-Albert Einstein..

Well, maybe if you aren't a female.

There's all kinds of things coming to light about this group. It's very disturbing to find that the things most feared are exactly what's been going on. Of course there are those that feel these people should be left alone to perpetuate this culture of female slavery and brainwashing because the men's rights shouldn't be infringed. Those same ignorant individuals think these women can just stand up for themselves. That's just as disturbing as what's been going on in this culture.

http://abcnews.go.com/Primetime/Story?id=1672757&page=1

An additional ex-insider's view. There's evidently a few women who have escaped these people and want to help others do the same.

Well, maybe if you aren't a female.

There's all kinds of things coming to light about this group. It's very disturbing to find that the things most feared are exactly what's been going on. Of course there are those that feel these people should be left alone to perpetuate this culture of female slavery and brainwashing because the men's rights shouldn't be infringed. Those same ignorant individuals think these women can just stand up for themselves. That's just as disturbing as what's been going on in this culture.
    I think there is also a good percentage of the world's population who also think that women shouldn't be allowed to stand up for themselves. 20% of the planet. They are called Muslims.
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

That is true Glenn. I'm very glad I was "Born in the U.S.A."!!

"Of course there are those that feel these people should be left alone to perpetuate this culture of female slavery and brainwashing because the men's rights shouldn't be infringed. Those same ignorant individuals think these women can just stand up for themselves." --- You obviously don't understand a word I post.

It's not those men's rights in the compound. It's ALL of our rights. I know that you think it's OK to do whatever is necessary to get those kids out of their situation the first second you find out some information acting out in total impulse rather than thinking out the situation first. I'd rather think things through and be successful and not destroy rights of the individual in the process making precedent in the future to allow this sort of thing to happen to all sorts of groups. Safe to say you will never have the capability to be a judge. Good thing for that. Really, if you want to accuse people of being ignorant by all means use the mirror.

The state of Texas is LUCKY that there is now a federal search warrant because it is becoming evident they botched theirs. This could have been a total disaster.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast