Christians really need to lighten up
Page 1 of 20 1234567811 ... LastLast

Christians really need to lighten up

As soon as I can get the link to post, i'll have it on here. There was a story in yesterdays Wisconsin State Journal about the school district I attended. Seems an elementary school in the district was having a fun week, which it has done since back when I went there 21 years ago. Friday was always "opposite gender" day, meaning you could go to school dressed as a member of the opposite sex. It was always meant to be just a silly thing, and nobody ever got offended until this year. Seems some kid took the slip home from the teacher, and the uptight, offended by everything parent got all upset. She contacted some Christian group in Milwaukee that runs some Christian radio stations, and they made a big deal out of it, screaming that the school was promoting "alternative lifestyles". Well, the school district announced that they would no longer have such events in their schools, caving into the nutjob Chrisitans. Thankfully, some parents and citizens in the district are taking a stand, and demanding that the school district not give in to the nutjobs. They have always done this, and it was always meant as silly fun. And as far as I know, no kid was ever damaged by this, and the school didn't produce classes full of cross dressing, homosexual deviants. It's just another case of Christians wanting their beliefs shoved down everyone else's throats, and wanting everyone to live by their rules. If they don't like it, the town has numerous Christian elementary schools they can send their kids to, or they could have just kept their kid home that day. But instead they have to go on a mission to make everyone conform to what they want. It's just more proof that most Christians don't tolerate anything that is against their own beliefs, and want everyone to live how they think we should live.

You know, your post would be much easier to read if you didn't denegrate by using the term nutjob. Can't you make your point without name calling?
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

So you're telling us that you believe in and/or practice cross-dressing??
    In honor of Murray Woodgate (aka Carnak) 1961 - 2010

Sorry, I use that term for a lot of people. And no, I don't cross-dress, and as far as I know, nobody that ever attended that school is a crossdresser. Nobody was ever offended by it for over 20 years, but now some offended when the wind blows the wrong way parent got upset, so the school district caves in and says they won't do it anymore. Hopefully enough people get ticked off enough to ge tthe school to reverse it's decision.

I would doubt it. There are many schools where hugging, tag and other things are against the rules now. And I can guarantee you that it wasn't extreme Christians that lobbied to get these things outlawed. Kids chased each other on the playgrounds for years, some played tag and it didn't kill anyone, some even kissed the girls (or little boys) and nobody got upset. Then the whiners got all these things taken out of the schools because playing tag could "traumatize" those who were chased, hugging was invading space and making some uncomfortable, and oh my, kissing!! Well, that can get you expelled. I guarantee you that it isn't the extreme Christians promoting the removal of THESE things. As a matter of fact, I think most Churches encourage hugging your friends and general friendship...
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by mrs reb77 View Post
    I would doubt it. There are many schools where hugging, tag and other things are against the rules now. And I can guarantee you that it wasn't extreme Christians that lobbied to get these things outlawed. Kids chased each other on the playgrounds for years, some played tag and it didn't kill anyone, some even kissed the girls (or little boys) and nobody got upset. Then the whiners got all these things taken out of the schools because playing tag could "traumatize" those who were chased, hugging was invading space and making some uncomfortable, and oh my, kissing!! Well, that can get you expelled. I guarantee you that it isn't the extreme Christians promoting the removal of THESE things. As a matter of fact, I think most Churches encourage hugging your friends and general friendship...
    In this case, it was a Christian parent and a Christian group that threw a fit and got the school district to cave in. For the most part, schools around here don't cave in to pressure, and they let kids be kids. I see kids on the playgrounds playing tag and chasing each other around all the time. Maybe parents just aren't as uptight around here.

Yes, this time it was a 'Christian parent/group', my point is that it is the way things are going these days. Groups prevail at outlawing behavior or the way someone dresses so that parents don't have to take responsibility for raising their children properly themselves. It is a rather depressing thought.
    A girl in Illinois near Scott Air Force base was expelled from school for hugging another student. They were friends and hugged often (young girls seem to do that!) but it was against school rules. She was warned the first time but observed to do it again and was expelled. The other girl said it wasn't a problem and she often hugged the girl first, just not in sight of teachers...stupid stupid thing but, that's the way things are going.
    My youngest niece is a hugger--hope they don't outlaw it at her school!

Quote Originally Posted by mrs reb77 View Post
    Yes, this time it was a 'Christian parent/group', my point is that it is the way things are going these days. Groups prevail at outlawing behavior or the way someone dresses so that parents don't have to take responsibility for raising their children properly themselves. It is a rather depressing thought.
    A girl in Illinois near Scott Air Force base was expelled from school for hugging another student. They were friends and hugged often (young girls seem to do that!) but it was against school rules. She was warned the first time but observed to do it again and was expelled. The other girl said it wasn't a problem and she often hugged the girl first, just not in sight of teachers...stupid stupid thing but, that's the way things are going.
    My youngest niece is a hugger--hope they don't outlaw it at her school!
    Yes it is depressing. Kids can't be kids anymore, it's no wonder so many of them are so messed up when they get older.

Quote Originally Posted by air311 View Post
    Yes it is depressing. Kids can't be kids anymore, it's no wonder so many of them are so messed up when they get older.
    And for all of this....you can thank Liberals.
    In honor of Murray Woodgate (aka Carnak) 1961 - 2010

I don't think it's just liberals.

the school district probably made a big deal out if it to make people think there was a serious threat.

Quote Originally Posted by air311 View Post
    In this case, it was a Christian parent and a Christian group that threw a fit and got the school district to cave in. For the most part, schools around here don't cave in to pressure, and they let kids be kids. I see kids on the playgrounds playing tag and chasing each other around all the time. Maybe parents just aren't as uptight around here.

Do they still have Christmas at that school ???
    Tough times don't last...Tough people do.

Midnight Sun Astrophotography

They better not dress up for that.... Good point.

Page 1 of 20 1234567811 ... LastLast