Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lineset size

eh, if you look in the instructions that comes shipped with the unit, it says at 50ft 3 ton you need 1 1/8th.
    "Better tell the sandman to stay away, because we're gonna be workin on this one all night."

"Dude, you need more than 2 wires to a condenser to run a 2 stage heatpump."

"Just get it done son."

Dad adjusted

Quote Originally Posted by hvacvegas View Post
    eh, if you look in the instructions that comes shipped with the unit, it says at 50ft 3 ton you need 1 1/8th.
    Okay I wasn't trying to argue with that......they also have a long line set guideline where it states capacity loses due to using undersized suction line.

It's all academic if you leave that coil there. Everything published goes out the door.

might go with a 410 a system sometimes they take a smaller suction line

Did I Miss Something Here!!!

Quote Originally Posted by salty7c View Post
    I presently have a 12 year old heat pump Rheem 2 1/2 ton compressor outside with Rheem 3 ton air handler inside. When running it had insufficient capacity. The existing lineset is 3/4 and 3/8. It has been recommended that I replace the outside unit with a 3 1/2 ton R22 Amana SEER 13 unit using the existing lineset and later upgrade the inside unit when necessary. Will this work ?
    This sounds very DIY if you ask me, no experiance contractor would do this!
    Has anyone noticed they will install a 13 seer 3.5 ton condenser on a old Rheem 3 Ton coil The only thing this will get you is a damaged compressor,not to mention that if that new system is a HP its almost guaranted to trip that compressor on high pressure in heat mode. This is all wrong I would not recommend its a mess if you ask me!
    WARNING:IF YOU DON'T KNOW THEN DON'T DO, SO THOSE WHO KNOW WHAT YOU DIDN'T KNOW DON'T END UP UNDOING WHAT YOU DID SO IT COULD GET DONE RIGHT!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12