Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    I used to have a 1968 Barracuda Fastback, but did not have the money/time/space to restore it. Sold it to a guy that pimped it out.

Now I have a new toy, an Adventure-sport bike:

The bug does 11.60's so far. I haven't taken it down to sea level yet though. And with gas prices the way they are, don't know if i'll get it down there anytime soon. Until then, i'm stuck running it at 4400 ft. elevation. Mathmatically, it should dip into the 10's if I ran it down at Sacto.

For the EFI, I went with a Megasquirt ECU (VERY happy with it), Redline/Weber throttle bodies, Innovate wideband, GM sensors, and Mallory for the fuel system

Here's the engine:

And here's the fuel delivery from up front:

The fuel system is a bit overkill, but better to be overkill than underkill, lol.

I've been known to drive in circles a time or 2... I didn't last year, stupid women, and likely won't this year, stupid almost closed track
    "If you call that hard work, a koala’s life would look heroic."

Quote Originally Posted by Eaallred View Post
    The bug does 11.60's so far. I haven't taken it down to sea level yet though. And with gas prices the way they are, don't know if i'll get it down there anytime soon. Until then, i'm stuck running it at 4400 ft. elevation. Mathmatically, it should dip into the 10's if I ran it down at Sacto.

For the EFI, I went with a Megasquirt ECU (VERY happy with it), Redline/Weber throttle bodies, Innovate wideband, GM sensors, and Mallory for the fuel system

Here's the engine:

And here's the fuel delivery from up front:

The fuel system is a bit overkill, but better to be overkill than underkill, lol.

LOL very NICE!

Yeah at sea level it will be like adding a BLOWER compared to 4400 ft!!!

I saw the MegaSquirt. Even with those you have to do a LOT to dial them in. But once you're used to it, you can always change every setting later.

Mine was home brew. Some guy (a non HVAC tech who I met here) helped me learn code for MicroControllers. It actually worked.

I was messing with a turbo I had, but it was a little too big. It took too long to spool. When it started to make boost a few weekends ago, it broke loose the head bolt from the block (that I had RIGGED after it already stripped out).
    True Heavy Metal Geek

Here are a few of my toys.

One of the newest:

Here is my old bike, this is not the exact one but very simulair.
    mine had different rims.

Cant forget about the farm toys.

A couple more.

I have alot more, Ill have to look for the pics.
    "Correct Installation is the Key"

.1 has killed more HX then Rush Limbaugh

What is your TESP?

my racing was always light to light......

did get to do Petty driving experiance at Charlotte though, that was awesome......

Quote Originally Posted by DL650 View Post
    I used to have a 1968 Barracuda Fastback, but did not have the money/time/space to restore it. Sold it to a guy that pimped it out.

Now I have a new toy, an Adventure-sport bike:
    I know where you live just by the homes in the background....
    "Correct Installation is the Key"

.1 has killed more HX then Rush Limbaugh

What is your TESP?

When I want to go to the extreme, I ride with my brother who is a pilot,
    flies the big jets, we fly around in this military trainer jet. This bird will
    fly straight up. He has had it 8 years, it screams along at 480 mph,
    sometimes 530 mph if the wind is right.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Here is a front shot of it right after we flew in it. It drinks jet fuel, but is
    the biggest thrill.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Swampfox View Post
    You ever go to the track with that? Fayetteville? Darlington?
    not lately, but usually kinston, dunn-benson, and brewers up in wilson. it stays at my dads houe because i cannot afford a place with a garage its all steal right now, in a few weeks all my fiberglass should be in i cannot wait!! 6in cowl, fenders bumpers and inner fenders this car is street legal too. i'll drive to kinston, about 35-40mns, bust out some mid 6sec times and then drive home i love it i also have a 92 fox body that i plan on getting back into shape soon and a 93 fox coupe that is a 4 banger that i cruise around on most of the time. i cannot bring myself to putting a 302 in it because it gets 28mpg!!! then there's my 07 z71 colorado that i am in the middle of lifting 8 inches for the 35in tsl's that i have in my bedroom too many projects!!
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

This is a 12 year old pic. Now still have the Banshee but also have the YFZ 450.
    used to race the Banshee in some desert races..was alot of fun
    Am pushing 40 and am supporting a family...try to keep the wheels down more lately

Have an old 4 seater desert car that is in limbo due to some fab work needed.

We try to get to the desert as much as possible..work is crazy lately

I love muscle cars..am really wanting an old '67 GTO driver.

Raced Dirt bikes all my life until recently. I got old and sold everything. Man that was hard to do.
    The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on. - Robert Bloch

Quote Originally Posted by NedFlanders View Post
    This is a 12 year old pic. Now still have the Banshee but also have the YFZ 450.
    used to race the Banshee in some desert races..was alot of fun
    Am pushing 40 and am supporting a family...try to keep the wheels down more lately

Have an old 4 seater desert car that is in limbo due to some fab work needed.

We try to get to the desert as much as possible..work is crazy lately

I love muscle cars..am really wanting an old '67 GTO driver.

It's nice to see a Banshee that someone DIDN'T cut the front fenders off of!!!

Here's mine. The first ATV I bought used (got ripped on buying the others new). It's fast as hell but the previous owner cut the fenders OFF!
    I like to ride through water, mud, etc. It sucks not having fenders. Most people around here think the first MOD to do on a new ATV is "shaving" the front fenders...

We like to ride in the desert and sometimes up at the Cinders. (The part of Arizona that looks like Colorado )

The hills are HUGE and it's at 7,000 ft altitude! My Banshee has a lot less power up there!

New Video---> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iXQhpNZ8mg

Check out this new youtube video.
    A few weeks ago I took the Manx out with the daughter Melissa (13) and Matt was with us too. I taught her how to drive a stick. Then I drive it. I played with the fuel a bit on the home brew EFI and just when the turbo was making some boost it blew that stripped head bolt loose form the block again! (Had done a rig job to fix it).
    I still got fast enough out in the desert to scare them. Don't have a working speedo yet, but was in 4th gear. Probably doing 50 to 60 or so.

I was going to sell it, but now I'm getting talked into keeping it. Now that I already pulled my EFI off and stuck the carb back on, maybe I'll try a blow through turbo setup.
    True Heavy Metal Geek

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast