Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Exactcharge

Hmm Exactcharge

Does anybody use the exactcharge software? It can also be loaded onto a palm pilot for portable calculations. Its the electronic version of the superheat/subcooling calculators that are slide charts.

I have looked at them and was thinking of getting one to try out in the field. I will be moving into commercail, refrigeration, and food service here in a few weeks and thought it may be useful when dealing with a variety of refrigerants.

So what do you think? What are some personal experiences with the software and is it worth the investment or is it a joke?

Looks interesting, can't tell from the website, looks like you can get it preloaded on a Palm zire for a reasonable price ready to go.

subcooling is the way to go

Quote Originally Posted by DPSwitch View Post
    Looks interesting, can't tell from the website, looks like you can get it preloaded on a Palm zire for a reasonable price ready to go.
    It is a reasonable price but my question is is it really worth it.....

Thats whats keeping me from getting it. I want an outside opinion.....prefferably from someone whos got one and uses it.

Quote Originally Posted by papa_jo View Post
    I agree with you half way. Superheat is just as important as subcooling. Both measurements need to be taken to properly address a problem.

I have a Palm PDA in my tool bag, and use Exact Charge quite a lot. If the unit has charging instructions with it, I'll use the manufacturers instructions, otherwise I use the Exact Charge software. I have run it head to head against a number of manufacturers charts and slide rules. It is right in line with any of them that take both indoor WB and DB temps into account, and is real close, if not dead on, with ones that use only WB or only DB conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by papa_jo View Post
    You don't charge fixed metered systems by subcooling, unless it is one of those Lennox systems that has instructions to do so.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

[QUOTE=mark beiser;1821070]I have a Palm PDA in my tool bag, and use Exact Charge quite a lot. If the unit has charging instructions with it, I'll use the manufacturers instructions, otherwise I use the Exact Charge software. I have run it head to head against a number of manufacturers charts and slide rules. It is right in line with any of them that take both indoor WB and DB temps into account, and is real close, if not dead on, with ones that use only WB or only DB conditions.QUOTE]

Thats good to know. Thank you for your response.

So if I am understanding this correctly. It is a digital slide so to speak. I can enter the refrigerant I am dealing with, indoor WB and DB conditions as well as outdoor WB and DB conditions and it will give me target superheat and subcooling. Once that has been established, I can then enter Suction and Head Pressures and it will calculate correct pipe temperatures.

Correct me if I am wrong. But thats what I am looking for. And if this is what I am looking for, I will more than likely be purchasing it within the next few days.
    I fully support the military and the War on Terrorism.

If you don't know, then don't do. If you don't know and still do, then be prepared to pay someone else a lot to undo what you did and then do it right.

If you do know, then do. But do it right. Otherwise, you may not be doing it long.

ExactCharge

iraqveteran,

We are forever in debt to those like yourself who protect our great freedoms. We live in the greatest nation of all because of those who have sacrificed so much. Please check your email in regards to your questions. I have tried to make the best software I am capable of and have spent hundreds of hours working on it. My thanks to all of you.

Quote Originally Posted by iraqveteran View Post
    Once that has been established, I can then enter Suction and Head Pressures and it will calculate correct pipe temperatures.
    You could do that, but since the "correct pipe temperature" changes as you add refrigerant, due to suction pressure change, you would have to recalculate it.

I use digital gauges that very accurately display the saturated temp, or in the case of my Testo 523, display the actual SH.

The program is worth the price of the software, and a PDA to run it on, just for the target SH calculations.
    It also has a number of other handy features that add to the value.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

Does anybody have a link?I would like to find out where to buy it and some more information on it.

Quote Originally Posted by mcjo tech View Post
    iraqveteran,

I have tried to make the best software I am capable of and have spent hundreds of hours working on it. My thanks to all of you.
    MCJO
    I tried to down load a Demo for my Laptop (Vista) and it said demo expired

I interested in this for Field laptop use.

Also FYI I Think you have some broken links on our site
    http://www.exactcharge.com/Home.aspx .
    If you help others then you are a Success

ExactCharge Calculator

Sorry for the problem with the Demo version. We have made a number of changes to the website when we added the new Systems Data Report Software and it has caused us some difficulties. I thought we had the Demo malfunction resolved but apparently not. I will look into it again. The full version for Windows based computers including Windows Vista will work properly. Thanks for letting us know about the malfunctions.

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by iraqveteran View Post
    I agree with you half way. Superheat is just as important as subcooling. Both measurements need to be taken to properly address a problem.
    i agree with you also - subcooling with expansion vavle and superheat without is the way I do it

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast