little Carrier rtu--to correct economiser I need literature

This RTU was taken care of by others until recently. On the same roof I discovered some smaller RTUS with economiser actuators that have two 24V wires and one single 10VDC wire. Those mounting brackets had been modified, and the dampers would not open as a result. I took care of those. Funny how easy a damper opens when the mounting bracket is not in its path.

Now that was just to lay some idea of what we might find on this particular unit. It serves an electrical room, and has one stage of economiser, and two stages of cooling. First, the economiser was not working so I had the controller do a self-test. It indicates "actuator" with three flashes.

Let me describe the parts a bit. FIrst the RTU is a carrier 50HJ014.
    The economiser is a CRECOMZR005A02.
    The controller is an AD DME 1711-1, is that a Johnson Controls?
    The actuator is an M9204-CNA-2.

Back to the controller. It tells me "actuator" with three flashes.
    I'd like to get my hands on the literature for this particular controller. The local Carrier rep got me the wiring diagrams for the rtu, since the old diagrams were faded into oblivion. Also he got me a small book on a slightly different controller???!!! AD DME 1701-1. The wiring and plug configs don't match up.
    Is there a link to the literature for the AD DME 1711-1 controller?

I have the carrier part number of the old actuator too if those are needed --50dk509240. I also have another actuator very close to this one that may work. It is a M9204-CNC-2, which corresponds to carrier part 50dk509044.
    It's great to be alive and pumping oxygen!

you've got mail
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

the "actuator" fault will trick you sometimes. pull off the cover on the controller and check for burnt copper traces on the board.

i had one that said "actuator" for the fault but it was the burnt traces on the board that was the real problem. I just looked up my old pictures, its the same model controller you have.

good luck.

it is a penn johnson controller,i got my manual from carrier dealer. i try to find a pfd or a link.

Thanks for the input, mates. I'll check it out soon.

Wish the site had another similar econo controller, just to check operation. This is the only one of its kind on this site. The rest of the others have either honeywells (older stuff), or (newer units)carrier's own latest and greatest logic.

mail call
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by dandyme View Post
    mail call
    hey dandyme, do you have info you could mail to me,i like to compare to what i have. thanks

test i think you maybe able to use this
    Attached Images Attached Images

Yee-ha!
    Called the Carrier distributor and guess what?

That controller has been discontinued and he can sell me a whole new economi$er...

Oh well, it was fun learning about it while it lasted.

The fan cycling pressure switch and backup CFM relay for stage two DX seemed to work reasonably well this winter, and it was cold, cold, cold.

I've recently come across one of these economi$ers that is displaying a supply air temperature fault. I haven't called the local carrier parts house, but would you guys know if the temp sensor is still available?