Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Its not a pellet stove.
    Its a pelt stove, you use it to dry rabbit pelts. J/K
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Hey Lou,
    can you teach me about psychrometrics. im only a sales tech

Hmm

Quote Originally Posted by Skip 2 my lou View Post
    Most of the systems are rated in extreme heat, for example Arizona. As far as I'm concerned it wouldn't matter if they rated the equipment @ 110F or 150F because it is dry heat. If anyone has been outside in dry heat, they know it's hot, but that's about it. If you come down south (not an invite) you will see 80F that is worse than 110F for your body to handle. It has the same effect on an A/C system and in the process "your" seer rating is blown to hell because the equipment can't produce here.
    What good does it do to save money if the equipment can't perform? That is why "here" anything over 13 seer is almost a waste of time.
    Come visit the tropics of Houston....lol

not that i would want to come down there and try it but wouldn't that be the perfect place for high eff unit with v drive blower you could slow down to suck the water out of the air????

Quote Originally Posted by t527ed View Post
    not that i would want to come down there and try it but wouldn't that be the perfect place for high eff unit with v drive blower you could slow down to suck the water out of the air????
    Now someone is listening, you are exactly right. The problem is that most of the high eff gear obtains high eff by down sizing components which occasionally includes the compressor. Then when you slow the air speed the equipment can't handle the load. If the compressor is downsized or the evaporator oversized you have a warmer coil. NOT GOOD. To compensate you have to purposely oversize the condenser and furnace and downsize the evap. Then you have a cold coil. We are talking about removing 30 to 50 gallons of water a day from the air.
    If you look closely very few of the condensers have 5 ton capacity. They rely on long run time, when you throw humidity and 100F in the mix it won't cut it with your "out of the box system" here.

Quote Originally Posted by hvac248 View Post
    Hey Lou,
    can you teach me about psychrometrics. im only a sales tech
    If your ducts sweat in the attic seal it up and make it a hot box OR install a whole house dehumidifer just for the attic. I've done both on occasions.

If it's a basement, I may need pics for a visual aid. The closest thing I've seen to that is a bomb shelter. lol

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Low stage will be slightly higher SEER,but not a reason to buy it,comfort is the reason.

Yes it will rune longer in low,but at much less cost,so run time is not a concern.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12