Thread: Carrier N vs A coil

Post Likes

ADP (A) coil vs Carrier N coil on Carrier Infinity Unit

I got two price quotes for a Carrier 5 ton Infinity AC/Heater/Air Purifier/Controller. The only difference in bids was in the evaporative coil

Company X (which I talked to first) quoted with a Puron, 5 ton M#CNPVT6024ACA.

Company Y, which was cheaper, quoted with an ADP PT9660C21 coil which they claim is a better coil from both an application perspective, cost, and quality. He stated I was tight on space with the Air Purifier (it's installed in the garage) and the coil he's putting in is a high-efficiency coil and more expensive coil.

Are there any pro's & con's? Is Company Y's claim true?
    Last edited by rnakawat; 04-04-2008 at 09:05 PM.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by rnakawat
    Puron PT9660C21
    That don't look like a Carrier part number to me. Nope.
    So if that's the case then this is a mis-matched coil. Which could account for the lower price.
    Carrier wouldn't be very happy to see that installed on their Infinity system.
    Warranty void if they want to be all hard about it.

Now as to whether it would actually be a better quality coil than the one that Carrier gives, I have no opinion on that.
    This space for rent.

Post Likes
    Just talked to the second guy again... it's not a Carrier coil. It's an ADP coil. He said the ADP coil is more expensive and will swap with the Carrier if it was a concern of mine, but he recommends the ADP.

Any thoughts?

Post Likes
    I don't have any particular thoughts about it, what probably matters more is what Carrier thinks of it.

If you find that coil to be an ARI rated match for the condenser then it's probably okay to do.
    But make sure that Carrier would warranty problems on that system with a third-party coil installed on it, especially if you're getting an extended warranty on it (you ought to).
    I don't know if they do or not, I never install a third party coil.
    This space for rent.

Post Likes
    ADP Coils spring leaks after a few years.

Post Likes
    Well where i pick up my Carrier ,Bryant,and Payne equipment they also sell ADP coils there so I doubt if there would be any warranty problems but I try not to mix things up I like to keep it all Carrier part numbers.

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Post Likes
    Go with a Carrier "tin-plated" coil,N or A is not an issue.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in