Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Confused Carrier Infinity Series AC question?

Has anyone ever installed a Carrier Infinity 21 seer 3 ton, or any Infinity Seriers on a non-Carrier furnace (single stage)? I only ask since Carrier has no idea if it will work or if you can do it. I have an idea I will lose some of the SEER rating but can it be done or flat-out no. So far, contractor is stumped and so is Carrier; as least the rep is.

Re-using your old furnace would defeat the purpose of infinity. You will not be able to use the Infinity Controller (Thermostat) and the 24ANA136 does not have any analog inputs, so it will not run. (standard Y1 & Y2 inputs)

So in short, If you are not getting an Infinity furnace, don't get an Infinity 24ANA136.

You could do it with the 24ANA736, but the unit would be only standard two stage, and you would only have a single stage blower. This will cause moisture problems, unless you are in a very dry area.

Even if they can get it to run.
    You won't get near the efficiency you paid for from the OD unit.
    Your furnace blower can't slow down like it should. So you will probaly end up with high humidity.

Their is no efficiency rating for that match up. So in reality you could be paying for a 21 SEER, and ending up with barely 14 SEER.

Obviously, I don't know if they can make it run or not.
    But, I would be trying to talk you into a lower SEER single stage unit if you don't want to get a new furnace with a VS blower.
    I'd rather lose or take a lower commision, then have you cursing me out.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

I am not worried about the losing efficiency since I paid a cheap price .I cannot post prices but it was cheap. That is also why I got it.

I just wanted to know if you can run or not. If not, I will get another unit 13 SEER and will sell the 21. I bought the 21 since when my 90% furance goes I will upgrade to a duel stage blower and better furance. Just seems dumb to upgrade to a duel stage, same % furance when the old one is only 10 years old and working mint.

I live in MA and moisture is not an issue.

***Update I have the 24ANA136, figures, and by using above info, it will not work. I guess jumpers are out. So anyone want to buy it cheap and new? Serious here. Need to pickup in Western MA..............only me!!!!

Trade...

If anyone has a 24ANA736 new I will gladly trade. OR If you have a lower SEER rated 3 ton unit and some jingle I will sell it. If not, ebay or cragislist here I come! Why me!

Maybe you can find the matching furnace and put the whole works in yourself and really save money. I bet you can find one on craigslist, heck ask your local side job guy to help. Why would you come here, call Craigslist.
    Aint Notin Sweeter, Then A Brand New Heater!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mwjhvac View Post
    Maybe you can find the matching furnace and put the whole works in yourself and really save money. I bet you can find one on craigslist, heck ask your local side job guy to help. Why would you come here, call Craigslist.
    I agree but I only get deals on HP and AC; no furances. Seems dumb to upgrade a 90% to equal and paying XXXX dollars. My tin knocker does not like carrier, so they are out. I posted here since you people know more then Craigslist. But no one could come close to matching the price I got so the selling price out be below most can buy for. It is a great deal.

If not one wants it I will get the 13 SEER tomorrow but call a few Carrier people first to make sure. Worse comes to worse I keep the 21 Seer for down the road.

Just drives me nuts my AC guy and Carrier have no idea and all the is left is power to unit.

Get the new furnace Infinity furnace so you can use that condenser.
    then sell your existing furnace on ebay.

PS. Warranty on that Infinity starts a maximumn of 18 months after date of manufacture.
    Don't sit on it to long.
    Contractor locator map

I will need to see what it cost first. Just still blows my mind to replace a 90% working mint.... I also do not want there thero since I have a new Visionpro 8000.

Have to make some calls but this is unreal..I still think the easiest is sell the comp/cond and get the 13 and be done. I can always buy these units.

It will be at a great price. I can say it will be lower then anyone can buy it for; trust me on this.

I just looked/loged online and at the price. The Carrier Infinity 80 is still to much and the Infinity 94 is way over board. My complete install is not that much! So those are out. The best/low-cost is a new 13 SEER and sell/trade the 21 SEER. I will wait till tomorrow at 9 AM EST and if no takers; takers I am ording the 13 Carrier Comfort 24ACA3. Be here Tuesday..Do not have time to waste. Then sell the 21.

You might have to sit on that unit.
    not too many contractors that are qualified to work on them are going to be willing to install one someone else provides.

good luck
    Contractor locator map

figures! Only me...

It does carry full/standard warranty. For the price, people would be crazy to pass on it.

I put an ad in the section here in "Junk Yard"; look at the price.

Nice price!

good luck.
    Contractor locator map

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast