+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Proper misuse of tools?

Poodle Head Mikey is offline Membership Chair/ARP Committee / Professional Member*
    I try to stay as far away from myself as I can.
    Post Likes
    It was a road block on Route 30 in NJ and everyone was waved into a parking lot. Some were scrutinized a little closer and then released, some were detained for more advanced study. My jumbled van and I were detained. An officer asked me to open a door and after a quick look he commanded me to stand aside and put my hands on my head. Then he summoned more officers who came to add their own amazement. Soon they were pulling out bits of TXV's and micro switches and relays and random wires and magnetic flip switches and so forth and asking me: What is this? What is This?

I asked them repeatedly what they were looking for but they just ignored the question.

I was grinning at the absurdity of it all and after a while of being mystified they gave it up. Eventually they brought happy dogs to sniff me and the van. I asked if the dog was for explosives or drugs but that made them frown and ignore me. After an hour or so they let me leave.

PHM
    ------

Quote Originally Posted by kls-ccc View Post
    Why does this not surprise me.
    PHM
    --------

When faced with the choice between changing one's mind, and proving that there is no need to do so, most tend to get busy on the proof.

Post Likes
    I got my truck searched by msha Its osha for miners, pulled me over asked to see my paper work asked to look in the back, opened the door, 2 empty drums of r-22 fell out, there was a mound of stuff in the van 2 feet tall, he laughed said been busy, I told him its 100 out here. he let me go.

Post Likes
    I gusse we could make a bomb with stuff in our trucks.

Only time I got searched was for a job In a building located in Toronto 's finicial district. It was for alowing me to park underground well, was deemed dangerous and gave me parking spot above ground.
    Attended thought refrigeration tanks were propane tanks.

Post Likes
    Sometimes you gotta do it that way. Just get the right tool the next time.

Post Likes
    If you get hurt though you might not be covered and it makes your company go thru hell with work mens comp.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in