Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

rates

I will need to find the electric rates but we just filled our propane tank at $2.21 per gallon and I've seen this as high as $2.50.

We live in a rental right now and I've yet to see the bill for electric on this house.

electric rates

Electric for the last month cost me a total of 75.66 for 775KWH. Rates are surely similar for AEP Ohio 5 minutes away.

Since I don't know where AEP Ohio is.
    I went by Yorktown.
    Bin data shows alot of time at temps above 35. So with your posted rates, a HP should save you considerbaly.
    Obviously, once under the heating balance point, you'll be using LP again, until it warms up.
    But if you can heat with the HP for 3 or 4 months out of a 6 or 7 month heating season, instead of the furnace, your still going to be ahead of he game
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Temps

So I seriously just need to look at this as the use of LP vs Heat Pump usage.
    35 degrees is a standard breaking point to receive good heat from the pump.

Does the HP save as much as 50% compared to LP? Is there a quantifiable number especially with gas prices rising?

Are you familiar at all with the 223ANA or 213ANA Bryant pumps?

Thanks
    I live near Delaware, OH

Not familiar with the performance specs for those units.
    I would guess. A 20, to 25% reduction in total heating cost using a duel fuel over just LP at the $2.21 per gal you posted.
    Thats using a COP of 2.

Your contractor should be able to show you the specs, and performance charts for the units.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Thanks for the information.

Wink

It looks like we'll be going with the Rheem 15 SEER with a variable speed air handler. It was in between the cheepest and the other 15SEER units. But most of all I was impressed with the installer as he explained the whole instalation process and how they come twice a year to check on the unit. He also supplied references. thanks for all your responses.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123