Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Line Piercing Tool, (Recovery)

Does anyone have one of these? How well does it work, leakage, recovery speed, life of tool?

I have one. I use it for recovering PTACs for disposal, that's about it.

Im guessing you mean the peircing valves, they work ok, but not a permanent solution for line taps, does work well for PTACS.
    I dont install leaks, i just fix em

Sig line removed by Admin*

Lets see if this gets removed..............

What brand? How well does it work? I Have 18 Console WSHP and 7 Core WSHP to recover from, for disposal. Also the really stupid thing is they all have to be done outside, after they sit for a couple days, what I get for working with total idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by madhat View Post
    What brand? How well does it work? I Have 18 Console WSHP and 7 Core WSHP to recover from. Also the really stupid thing is they all have to be done outside, after they sit for a couple days, what I get for working with total idiots.
    To be honest i couldnt tell you the exact name, you can purchase them from any united refrigeration, they either come in a red and black or blue and black i believe, depending on the size. They work just fine, like i said not a permanent solution, but for recovery they do the job just fine.

I didn't see any pic or anything but if your talking about the deal that looks like a set of vise grips with a piercing tool welded to it,,,good luck. Those aren't worth buying. They make sweat on piercing valves for any size copper line, just wrap it around the line, sweat it on and replace the cap and tighten it down. Piercing tool is under the cap, where the core would be.
    I'm not tolerating Political Correctness anymore, from now on it's tell it like it is.

Veto Pro Pak - The best tool bag you'll ever own

I would get one of these, will be getting one myself one of these days.

http://www.johnstonesupply.com/103/t...t_Code=H25-880
    You can't fix stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Texas-Tech View Post
    I didn't see any pic or anything but if your talking about the deal that looks like a set of vise grips with a piercing tool welded to it,,,good luck. Those aren't worth buying. They make sweat on piercing valves for any size copper line, just wrap it around the line, sweat it on and replace the cap and tighten it down. Piercing tool is under the cap, where the core would be.
    The ones im talkin have two pieces, bottom and top and are held toghether by two allen screws.

I use these for PTAC recovery. http://www.uri.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP....sAAAEdsV8KTM9F
    Never had a problem.

Lol, i was off topic, never seen a tool like that before, looks pretty nifty

United got caught selling to H.O.'s so they no longer do business in my county.

i have a pair that i bought from cc dickson. i dunno the name brand, because it's not on them, but they work great.

How well does it work, leakage, recovery speed, life of tool?
    they work well, on systems that don't have schrader access

they do leak, all of them! if you plan on leaving them on a system, plan on coming back often to recharge best thing to do is install some access ports while system is open

i dunno how much faster you can recover 18-32 ounces of refer. that's about the charge i see, when i have to use my piercing valves

mine are only 4 weeks old, but my boss says his are about 5 years old, and i bought the same one's that he has.
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

I've used these, they are rated up to 7/8" ACR: they suck. Both have snapped on me on 5/8" ACR, at the top neck. Maybe they would do better on soft copper, dunno.

I've used the blu handled ones on smaller diameter soft copper and they work for that, but not rated for ACR.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast