Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Hopefully there is a 90 or 100 degree plenum temp thermostat below the a-coil to terminate the gas furnace if it get to warm though.....

fossil fuel

Quote Originally Posted by Airmechanical View Post
    this is not a correct statement!when a heat pump/dual fuel system goes into defrost, the heat pump and furnace will operate at the same time!.
    you are right. in defrost , the heat pump changes to a/c. as a rule you bring on 5kw of strip to temper the air. to make the air not to be to cold. i was talking about the heating only--sorry. if you have a 2 stage furnace it would be great!!!

fossil fuel

Quote Originally Posted by Airmechanical View Post
    a honeywell 8000, or IAQ stat will do that for you

they also have (fossil fuel kits) built into the electronics

caution, stat needs to be configured properly

airmechanical--i am curious what , (i think pro 8000 touch screen honeywell stat will do what you say as this will help my sales. could you please give me a product #. thank you in advance.

fossil fuel

Quote Originally Posted by markf57 View Post
    I would love to know how to do this with an IAQ. I have an IAQ with adaptive recovery set and I have not figured out a way to use the gas during setback recovery.
    i would also love to know as it would increase my sales.

fossil fuel

Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    The 8000 series, and teh IAQ stat can do what you want. But, why do you want to increase the cost of heating your house in the warmer part of the heating season?

Enable the adaptive recovery of the stat, and the HP will start sooner to get the temp up, and cost les then bring on the gas furnace for quick recovery.
    you are totality correct

Hmm

Quote Originally Posted by NGHTYRTE View Post
    you are totality correct
    You must run a seperate wire to stat to connect an outdoor sensor for dual fuel. Then set the stat up accordingly to the instructions but you must set it up for MORE AGGRESIVE RECOVERY in order for the gas to come on when recovering from set back. Make sure you run that second wire!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Weaver View Post
    You must run a seperate wire to stat to connect an outdoor sensor for dual fuel. Then set the stat up accordingly to the instructions but you must set it up for MORE AGGRESIVE RECOVERY in order for the gas to come on when recovering from set back. Make sure you run that second wire!!!
    Separate wire? The OD sensor actually requires two wires... not even aware of any that use just one wire. As far as a more aggressive recovery goes... why? It'd be less energy efficient than allowing the thermostat to utilize the heatpump for recovery.

Are you guys sure that the regular pro 8000 will turn on the gas if you set it to be more aggressive......I'm almost positive that you will need the IAQ stat in order to turn on the gas furnace durring recovery (because it is more than 2 degrees from the setpoint). You have to (IAQ) go into the programing and change it to the 2 degree droop plus odt setting. I know that the IAQ is the only honeywell stat that will shut off the heat pump and turn on the gas if the room temp is more than 2 degrees below the settpoint. Which is what I think you need. Also you dont have to run a shielded two wire to the t-stat....only to the interface module.

This is on the YTH9421C1002 IAQ stat

0345 Dual fuel heat
    pump control
    0 Balance point only
    1 Balance point plus 2F droop
    2 Balance point/Aux Heat Lockout plus 2F droop

......by doing this it turns on the aux heat with a 2 degree difference in temp.

0346 Dual fuel heat
    pump upstage to
    furnace timer
    60 minutes

[Other options: 30, 45 or 75 minutes]

this option allows to "time out" the heat to go to aux heat

Quote Originally Posted by Puff-noeyebrows View Post
    Are you guys sure that the regular pro 8000 will turn on the gas if you set it to be more aggressive......I'm almost positive that you will need the IAQ stat in order to turn on the gas furnace durring recovery (because it is more than 2 degrees from the setpoint). You have to (IAQ) go into the programing and change it to the 2 degree droop plus odt setting. I know that the IAQ is the only honeywell stat that will shut off the heat pump and turn on the gas if the room temp is more than 2 degrees below the settpoint. Which is what I think you need. Also you dont have to run a shielded two wire to the t-stat....only to the interface module.
    I'm not even trying to get into a discussion of IAQ vs 8000 series... as far as I personally know the 8000 will only bring on the furnace in temps below the lockout... perhaps I am wrong though. My question is more of a "why do you want the furnace on prematurely?" You are probably correct about the stat difference. Regarding the shielded wire, does the IAQ require shielded? My 8000 never mentioned shielded wire and works perfectly fine without it. Oh, and it runs to the thermostat... not sure what interface you're referring to unless thats an IAQ specific thing.

I'm not being rude here......have you installed a IAQ stat yet?

the IAQ stat is a 3 wire t-stat that has an equipment interface module that takes in all inputs from indoor remote sensors, odt sensor and has outputs for a humidifier, dehumidifier, air exchanger, furnace and a h.p. or a/c. I was having problems with the odt temp would "bounce" around on the regular pro 8000 and the shielded wire sovled that problem. The IAQ does not seem to have that problem with even with regular 2 wire.

I do not know why he wants the furnace to come on durring recovery but for some reason he does....maybe the homeowner complained of long run times.....but at better than 100% effecient operation all it would take is to better inform the customer.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast