Question best residential heat pump split system today

Can I get a little help on what is the best residential system today. I've looked at Carrier and Trane. thanks a lot.

You can get a lot of opinions which one is the best. But thats all they are.

In realitiy, there is no one best.
    Its how good the installer is. Installed improperly, none of them heat right, or last long.
    Pick a good contractor, and you'll have a good heat pump, what ever brand he installs.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Adding to that....you generally get what you pay for. Buy a cheapy system and get a cheapy system. Most of the manufacturers have builders grade equipment and various upper lines. If you can afford the better lines with variable speed blowers and multi-stage, buy them.

But the previous poster is dead on, the most important thing is to get a top-notch contractor with the right credentials. He can help guide you through the decisions too.

Question right system

thanks. good advice. I know the prices are all over the place, but if you have a load test and it says you need a 4 tone heat pump, is there any rule of thumb as to what it will cost me? Less than 4,000, more than $4000. are rebates from manufacturers quoted by installers or is their price gross before rebates. I have one say he would quote me net of the rebates. That gets hard to compare.

Quote Originally Posted by bankerman View Post
    thanks. good advice. I know the prices are all over the place, but if you have a load test and it says you need a 4 tone heat pump, is there any rule of thumb as to what it will cost me? Less than XXX more than XXX. are rebates from manufacturers quoted by installers or is their price gross before rebates. I have one say he would quote me net of the rebates. That gets hard to compare.
    That would not even get you to wholesale on just equipment for the good stuff. Look into valiable speed multi-stage equipment.

Edit your post, no pricing here!

Before rebates on pricing here in Ct.
    Aire Serv of SW Connecticut- Gas heat, dual fuel and central a/c systems installed and serviced

There is no standard price.

I always quote price before rebate.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

reasonably priced by a competent, reputable company and you are golden no matter what the brand on the unit
    The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on. - Robert Bloch