Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: kinky pictures

Quote Originally Posted by geodude View Post
    It looks like it was twisted after brazing, not shipping damage. It also appears that the mounting bolts are intact at the base of the compressor. Unless deliberate sabatoge was done it appears to have left the factory that way.
    Probably made on fri!
    Yeah, but did they really send it out of the factory leaving the compressor blanket like it is? Unless that's a field-installed accessory...

Quote Originally Posted by geodude View Post
    It looks like it was twisted after brazing, not shipping damage. It also appears that the mounting bolts are intact at the base of the compressor. Unless deliberate sabatoge was done it appears to have left the factory that way.
    Probably made on fri!
    10 minutes before quiting time.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by RyanHughes View Post
    Yes it is. R2D2 appears to be a reciprocating compressor, and the 25HNA6 has a compressor blanket (one of several Carrier's that do have them).

Now I wonder if somebody removed the compressor blanket and did some damage.

Alert the installation company of your finding ASAP.
    I have been known to sneak into peoples yards and unbolt the compressor twist it around and reinstall it without scratching the cabnet.
    To answer the question, no it is not normal and the installer should look at it. A simple call should be all it takes if the company is a good one and this post isn't a prank
    Genius = The guy who can do anything...except make a living!

Man, I would definately complain about that. Sure am glad my Goodmans dont arrive like that.

The first picture appears to have rust or something in the bottom of the unit....Wouldn't think it's all that new with that in it...

Or letter Q that's part of the damage.....that's where the paint chipped off with the bottom twisted sideways a bit....from the 10 foot drop.....It is at a corner on the bottom pan......corners would show more stress under a torquing situation....

Sorry I can't see it happening any other way.....the feet that it dropped could be interchangeable with 3-10000000000

fix this fast, restricting refrigerant

That braze on the suction line dosen't look like a factory one to me,but it's hard to tell. Could it have been a damaged unit, and the contractor didn't tell you?No matter, it has to be repaired.

Looks like a bad field repair. Does the factory tie wrap wire to the compressor and not trim the extra plastic? Strange, but it does need to be fixed. Post a pic of the small line going into the compressor, then we may be able to tell if it is from the factory.

Quote Originally Posted by mbarson View Post
    Looks like a bad field repair. Does the factory tie wrap wire to the compressor and not trim the extra plastic? Post a pic of the small line going into the compressor, then we may be able to tell if it is from the factory.
    That's what I'm thinking. They would have trimed the plastic if it was from the factory.A picture of the liquid line would be a big help.

Where do you want to see the picture of the liquid line (this is the smaller diameter line, yes?)? I'll just snap a few more of the inside and give some different angles.

I will have the installer back out as they also need to insulate the boots (between register and duct) in the crawlspace. Additionally does anyone know if mastic is code for sealing ducts in arlington, VA? I had an energy audit today and that was one of the things the guys recommended - going over the tape with mastic. (New ductwork was installed along with the unit. (no previously existing forced air).)

Thanks to everyone who has commented.
    -Chris

Quote Originally Posted by topherbecker View Post
    Where do you want to see the picture of the liquid line (this is the smaller diameter line, yes?)?
    Yes the smaller of the two,where it enters the compressor.I can't say what your local code says about mastic.Most likely it would be code.

A picture of the liquid line (yes small line) solder joint, this may help determine if it was a compressor change or a factory problem.

That liquid line just dosen't look right.Look at the second pic.The bend just isn't tweaked right. Looks like a LL strainer right at the header plate,get rid of it when the piping is being repaired.Re-reading the story it appears the sound blanket was off when it was installed.So somebody has performed a compressorottomy I'll bet.Removed the LL first, then tried twisting the suction through the loose comperssor. I've made that same kink myself,only repaired the damage before installing the new compressor.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast