Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: kinky pictures

This post has to be hoax. I can't belive some one would sell that thing as a new unit.
    Genius = The guy who can do anything...except make a living!

Quote Originally Posted by geodude View Post
    This post has to be hoax. I can't belive some one would sell that thing as a new unit.
    Belive it. There's a few skull & crossbone operations out there that make the rest of us (as a whole) look bad.

Quote Originally Posted by geodude View Post
    I wish it were a hoax. I hemmed and hawwed about who would do our install. In the end I went with the company who was servicing our current boiler and had serviced our central air in our old rental house. They are a well-respected, and well-known family business in our area. Of the four people I had out, I had the MOST faith in them to do the job well. They were not the least expensive (most actually) of all the people I got quotes from.

I will post additional pictures of the install so you can see if there are other things my untrained eye hasn't caught. I had a few issues after they were finished which they immediately rectified. I'm sure they'll address this in a similar fashion although I can't say I'm happy with this one. The other issues were minor (didn't hook up humidifier with Tstat), left more of a mess than I would have liked, bent up my dryer exhaust vent.

This is different though. I think it's clear it did not leave the factory this way (yes, the compressor is not centered in the unit. It is mounted to a black base plate, but the base plate is not mounted to the base of the condensing unit). So that means the compressor was bad either from a previous install or was bad from the factory. Either way they a) didn't tell me and b) did a REALLY ****ty job of repairing it.

So yeah, not real happy but don't really want to look for another contractor to start servicing our equipment either. first, I am convinced there are none in this area worth a ****. and second, it'll be a pain in the ass to find them.

-chris

had to be dropped hard to break it loose from the bottom of the unit.

I don't think that compressor is bolted down. the weight of the compressor would be enough to twist the line like in the picture. Looks like The compressor slid down to the bottom right of pic and rotated left 90 degrees. No way it is bolted down its to close to access panel.

Post some more kiny pics and let us know what they find.

topher... post the model and serial number and i can tell you when and where it was purchased and if it was purchased as new or damaged.

Given that I recieved a rebate check in the mail from carrier, wouldn't that mean it was new?

Anyhow, just had a tech (same company different guy than installed the A/C) out to look at our boiler (lost heat last night... turned out to be a loose wire) and mentioned the A/C problem. He offered to take a look. Popped off the cover and revealed significantly more carnage. Too bad i didn't have my camera. He said for sure it was dropped and their install mgr would contact me on how to handle it. I got the impression he thought this was carrier's fault and it sounded like they would have recourse with them. Don't know if that means new unit or not. If it means new unit, does it mean i get another rebate check?
    -chris

I'm thinking that you'll be lucky to get another unit.Only one rebate per customer,I would think.But why not try .

Quote Originally Posted by topherbecker View Post
    Given that I recieved a rebate check in the mail from carrier, wouldn't that mean it was new?

Anyhow, just had a tech (same company different guy than installed the A/C) out to look at our boiler (lost heat last night... turned out to be a loose wire) and mentioned the A/C problem. He offered to take a look. Popped off the cover and revealed significantly more carnage. Too bad i didn't have my camera. He said for sure it was dropped and their install mgr would contact me on how to handle it. I got the impression he thought this was carrier's fault and it sounded like they would have recourse with them. Don't know if that means new unit or not. If it means new unit, does it mean i get another rebate check?
    -chris
    To sustain that kind of damage it had to be hit/dropped hard. It is more then likely a distributer induced problem then a manufacturer one. Some kind of Q/C inspection at the installer end before installation would have prevented this getting this far! I would demand a new unit if you were sold a "new unit" and not a scratch and dent.
    Genius = The guy who can do anything...except make a living!

Manager and possibly carrier rep coming out this afternoon to take a look. Owner said they are looking to get carrier to replace the unit.
    -chris

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234