Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Frigidaire 13 SEER specs for a 14 SEER?

Bought a 3.5 ton Frigidaire 14 SEER to be installed next week. The install company verbally told me this is unit (FS5BD042K) . I looked up the specs of this unit and it seems to be a 13 SEER. Does Frigidaire 'up' the SEER rating from a 13 to a 14 if variable speed? Can they do this? Does not seem right to me. I saw the company's retail rate cards for both units (however did not note the model #'s at the time) with substantially different prices. I'm just worried they are going to install the 13 SEER when i'm paying for a 14. Can not find a whole lot of info about these new Frigidaire units, but was told they are very good. thanks for any comments.

Paired with a VS blower, many units gain an addition SEER.
    That condenser reaches 14 SEER Paired with a VS blower.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

ok thanks. just wanted to be sure things were legit. For a little peace of mind, was this the right thing to spend the extra $ on--VS blower to go to 14 SEER? i do have a very limited budget and was in sticker shock about how much these systems by any major brand costs. Our existing Goodman has lasted 18 years!

The actual SEER rating is dependent on how the condensor is matched with the evaporator coil and the furnace. The install company was not trying to be deceitful. Frigidaire does have less efficient units, which is probably where you saw the substantially different prices. I've put them in (Westinghouse), nice quiet units.
    White Bear Township, Minnesota
    www.summitheating.com

The 14 seer v/s is worth it for the extra seer and the quiet start-up. If the ductwork is not sized correctly you will have alot of air noise.
    Aire Serv of SW Connecticut- Gas heat, dual fuel and central a/c systems installed and serviced

Very few applications that a VS blower isn't worthwhile.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Get your contractor to supply ARI certification associated with components, then make sure the model #'s match at install. Most 13 SEER components get 14 SEER rating with VS blowers.

About everything Nordyne (Frigidaire) bumps up a point with VS blower. Nice thing is, doesn't matter which blower, any blower. Yea, the FS5BD is a quiet

Quote Originally Posted by rocksoldier View Post
    ok thanks. just wanted to be sure things were legit. For a little peace of mind, was this the right thing to spend the extra $ on--VS blower to go to 14 SEER? i do have a very limited budget and was in sticker shock about how much these systems by any major brand costs. Our existing Goodman has lasted 18 years!

I have the same setup and love my system. If you have any questions from a consumer standpoint, you can email me at
    Last edited by BaldLoonie; 04-02-2008 at 08:24 PM. Reason: please put e-mail address in your profile

Bought a 3.5 ton Frigidaire 14 SEER to be installed next week. The install company verbally told me this is unit (FS5BD042K) . I looked up the specs of this unit and it seems to be a 13 SEER. Does Frigidaire 'up' the SEER rating from a 13 to a 14 if variable speed? Can they do this? Does not seem right to me. I saw the company's retail rate cards for both units (however did not note the model #'s at the time) with substantially different prices. I'm just worried they are going to install the 13 SEER when i'm paying for a 14. Can not find a whole lot of info about these new Frigidaire units, but was told they are very good. thanks for any comments.
    There are 93 approved matches for that a/c condenser.

What is the model number of the air handler that was quoted?

the furnace is FG6RA072VB

the furnace is FG6RA072VB
    There is no furnace or air handler listed on the ARI website.

The condenser is FS5BD-042.

www.ARIDirectory.org.

Good luck.

FS4BD-042
    C5BA-T048 coil
    any variable speed blower, 80, 90 or modular AH

14.00 SEER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast