Kreuger or Carrier VAV boxes for a mall?

Hey everyone, I'm doing a mall and am spec'ing commercial VAV boxes. What do you guys know about the design of these boxes? I usually spec Krueger boxes. I've heard Carrier units have sharp edges and such...does this apply to their VAV boxes too?

Titus, Krueger, Tuttle and Bailey as well as Carrier are all made by Tomkins.
    They are mass produced junk in my opinion. I would recommend Price or Nailor as much better quality, and both have lower sound levels than the Tomkins stuff.

I'll look into Price right now. I am spec'ing their diffusers anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by nik99 View Post
    Titus, Krueger, Tuttle and Bailey as well as Carrier are all made by Tomkins.
    They are mass produced junk in my opinion. I would recommend Price or Nailor as much better quality, and both have lower sound levels than the Tomkins stuff.
    they all make there own vav's,they are subsidiaries of Tomkins and i thought carrier is united technologies

ASC (air system components) is the manufacturing subsidury of Tomkins.
    Titus, Krueger and Tutle and Bailey are just brand names.
    They are all made in the same plant, different sticker of course.
    Carrier farmed out a bunch of products to ASC for manufacturing as they did it cheaper than Carrier themselves. Some Carrrier products are not the same as the Tomkins ones, just built in the same plant.
    Look at the manufacturing locations of the different brands if you don't believe me.
    Price and Nailor are private companies and have not gone the way of the giant corporations where accountants design products.

Quote Originally Posted by nik99 View Post
    ASC (air system components) is the manufacturing subsidury of Tomkins.
    Titus, Krueger and Tutle and Bailey are just brand names.
    They are all made in the same plant, different sticker of course.
    Carrier farmed out a bunch of products to ASC for manufacturing as they did it cheaper than Carrier themselves. Some Carrrier products are not the same as the Tomkins ones, just built in the same plant.
    Look at the manufacturing locations of the different brands if you don't believe me.
    Price and Nailor are private companies and have not gone the way of the giant corporations where accountants design products.
    nik99,thanks for the clarification

I am looking into Enviro-Tec units now actually. What is your input on these?

Quote Originally Posted by otofmyway6 View Post
    I am looking into Enviro-Tec units now actually. What is your input on these?
    johnson controls bought them about 2 years ago.i work in a couple bldgs that have about 900 of them,i think they are a well built unit.