Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by tunnel_rat View Post
    Seems like that would've been done at least after the 2nd time...

Something sounds fishy...maybe a leak somewhere else. Hard to believe all 3 lines had the same leak under a slab. More than once....?
    Yes.It is.

Quote Originally Posted by the dangling wrangler View Post
    Yes.It is.
    i witnessed the a/c tech. put the system under pressure and it bubbled under the slab everytime,so i dont feel that there taking advantage of me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill772 View Post
    i witnessed the a/c tech. put the system under pressure and it bubbled under the slab everytime,so i dont feel that there taking advantage of me.
    Did you actually "see" the holes?

Quote Originally Posted by the dangling wrangler View Post
    Did you actually "see" the holes?
    yes,
    i did.
    very tiny.

You could contact this company, they deal with this type of problem in other industries all the time. http://www.densona.com/Index.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Bill772 View Post
    yes,
    i did.
    very tiny.
    Well,sounds like they're not cheating you.Something needs to be done a little differently this time. Is it possible to cut the concrete and have a look see?

Angry

yes copper only, but with an epoxy/ resin coating. this is what we have to use at a precious metals refinery at a mine. it's very spendy.

side note. we need to re-braze the lines at the condencers every 6 months, and replace coils, and exposed copper roughly once every third year due to the chemical deterioration.

We have trouble with condenser coils near are the paper plant leaking. In Florida they treat coils with protective coatings and they may treat line sets also for $$$ if you sent it to them. (I cannot remember the company name )

never had this problem so this is just a "what if"

what if you got stainless tubing the proper sizes and flared the connections at each end of the tube??

Let me chime in here, since I see those kind of setups often. The Chase pipe (pvc) needs to have a slight tilt to the outside, or at least be flat. Do not seal both sides, only the interior. If you seal both ends condensation will form inside, the armorflex (insulation) will get soaked, and the copper will detiorate (green??).

Unless you have a weird condition or the pvc pipe is cracked, leaving the exterior open will prevent water from acumulating in pipe. Also is the A/C drain run trough the same pipe, and is it one piece ??. We use black poly and run it one piece along with copper. I've seen installers get lazy and use the chase pipe for a drain, big no no.

And of course use soft refrigeration copper. Also armorflex needs to be sealed well, preferably glued.

Roy
    "The perfect Totalitarian State is one where the political bosses, and their army of managers, control a population of slaves, who do not have to be coerced, because they love their servitude"

Also I didnt ask, do both copper tubing have that problem, or is it with the big one, the small one, or both ???.

Roy
    "The perfect Totalitarian State is one where the political bosses, and their army of managers, control a population of slaves, who do not have to be coerced, because they love their servitude"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12