Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: humidity

Post Likes
    For your house. I think you'd be better off having a whole house dehumidier installed to get the humidity down.
    Sounds like your system is slightly oversized. And with a standard blower, your not going to be able to slow the blower down enough to get it any lower.
    The whole house will work even when your house doesn't need cooling. You may think its ecpensive to have one installed, but it will probaly save you money by not having to set your stat as low.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    But, by your other post, your RH is 50+%.
    If it were 40% RH at 77*F, you would feel cooler then you do at 74*F 52% RH.
    If you are needing to get to 40%RH to be comfortable our system is not set up right. Run times are still too short or your coil temp is still to high. The dew point needs to be lowered. My house and most I set up (that will pay the price) it is chilly at 80* or 79*. Humidity is 48* to 50* dew point is 51* to 55* and with ceilings fans on. On days when it is over 95* the temp can be kicked up to 81*.

Now at night the temp needs to go down a few degrees to allow some run time.

Post Likes
    During the day, I manage to maintain about 48%RH, and 72*F.(took a lot of playing with the blower and charge adjustment)
    At night, I let it get up to 74*F so I can sleep, The humidity will reach around 53% depending on the OD conditions.

I wear a uniform shirt and a tee shirt under it while I work on RTU's when its 20*F. And I'm comfortable.(unless its windy)
    People aren't all comfortable at the same temps, and humidity levels.

Post Likes

Thumbs up Alternative is ...

Quote Originally Posted by cjones215 View Post
    You are absolutely right. I go into my daughters house and she is at 78 but the RH is 42 and it is more comfortable than my house. She has a 1400 sq. ft. house and a 2 1/2 ton unit.
    Did you propose a House Swap? ... And did she accept?

Yes, problem solved.

Seee ...
    HVAC ... involves
    looking at ALL Alternatives
    to make the Customer happy !

L.O.L.
    Designer Dan __ It's Not Rocket Science, But It is SCIENCE with Some Art. _ _ KEEP IT SIMPLE & SINCERE ___ __ www.mysimplifiedhvac.com ___ __ Define the Building Envelope & Perform a Detailed Load Calc: It's ALL About Windows & Make-up Air Requirements. Know Your Equipment Capabilities

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in