Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: humidity

Humidity

Leftover Humidity Can Only Cause Prob. ----get Rid Of It... Mildew-- Mold. Algae---get Rid Of It!!!!!

Humidity

Kixtusjon Who Are You . I Am Donnie Bates Dalton Ga.

Yes- Fan On Causes Water And Hum. To Be Added To Your House. But If It Does ,your A/c Sys. Has Been Sized Wrong!!!!

Question

Quote Originally Posted by NGHTYRTE View Post
    Leftover Humidity Can Only Cause Prob. ----get Rid Of It... Mildew-- Mold. Algae---get Rid Of It!!!!!

What are you talking about? How is putting moisture back into the air by running your fan constently getting rid of humidity? By running to fan constently, you put humidity back in the air.
    Too Few Pro Tech's & Too Many Parts Changer's.

You Did Not Give Your Sq. Footage Verses A/c Tonage. It Can Be Fixed
    Are you trying to get pro member ship with all these post in one thread
    Sq. Footage has little to do with tonage in humid climates.

you can not tell if his AC is oversized by info he has stated. there could be a number of issues.

Yes- Fan On Causes Water And Hum. To Be Added To Your House. But If It Does ,your A/c Sys. Has Been Sized Wrong!!!!

??? When an a/c condenser shuts down and the fan is in auto, is there moisture on the coil or in drain pan??? If so, when the fan is on and condeser off, the moisture will start to evaperate back in to the air because of the air coming back to unit will be higher in temp than the air that left the moisture when it left the coil. And what does my name have to do with anything here? If you don't agree with me thats fine. It does not effect me in anyway.
    Last edited by KirtusJon; 03-31-2008 at 11:35 PM.

With the low cooling loads in FL, 50%RH sounds good to me. Like a lot of the rest of the posters-- what are measuring the %RH with? Do not totally trust any meter. At 75^F, 50% RH, Any cold surface below 54^F will fog. A good thermometer may be easier to come by than a accurate %RH meter. Another way to check %RH is to measure the temperature of water that fogs a shiney bowl. First calibrate your thermometer with crushed ice (32^F). Slowly cool a bowl of warm water with ice until the bowl fogs. The temp of water at foging is the dew point. Plenty of info on web to figure the %RH from the air temp and the water foging temp.
    If you are getting enough fresh air in your home and the a/c is not running much, the dew point in your home is higher than outside. Here comes my line so I don't disappoint. Homes in green grass climates with adequate fresh air need supplemental dehumidification to maintain 50%RH during shoulder a/c season. OK Regards TB
    Bear Rules: Keep our home <50% RH summer, controls mites/mold and very comfortable.
    Provide 60-100 cfm of fresh air when occupied to purge indoor pollutants and keep window dry during cold weather. T-stat setup/setback +8 hrs. saves energy
    Use +Merv 10 air filter. -Don't forget the "Golden Rule"

Over sizing in florida is very unlikely, most contractors squeze every btu possible out of a a/c system out here. In florida new home construction is very cheap most GC call it "Lego" construction. Most new homes use the new fibercrete (fiberglass added to the concrete) for the foundation, and do not add any nylon film under the slab. This causes moisture from the soil (florida swap land ) to go up into the slab and in the home. We have seen this problem quite a bit here in centarl florida, we use for new construction the variable speed Bryant ahu w/thermidistat control. Wire the Dehum on the board to the stat and remove the J1 jumper on board, works like a dream. In florida 40%-45% is real nice humidity, I like it at 44% so I can set my stat at 77F.
    WARNING:IF YOU DON'T KNOW THEN DON'T DO, SO THOSE WHO KNOW WHAT YOU DIDN'T KNOW DON'T END UP UNDOING WHAT YOU DID SO IT COULD GET DONE RIGHT!

Humidity

Acdocatrang.--sounds Like You Have It In Control ---good Job

Talking

rig it so your ac runs non stop and when in door temp gets below your set temp your heat strips come on so it doesn't get to cold.

but seriously the best thing would be to get a good tech out there. There is no way for us to diagnose you problem without going to your house. There is a lot of things that can cause high humidity even things other than your AC

Quote Originally Posted by AcDOCnTRAINIG View Post
    Over sizing in florida is very unlikely, most contractors squeze every btu possible out of a a/c system out here. In florida new home construction is very cheap most GC call it "Lego" construction. Most new homes use the new fibercrete (fiberglass added to the concrete) for the foundation, and do not add any nylon film under the slab. This causes moisture from the soil (florida swap land ) to go up into the slab and in the home. We have seen this problem quite a bit here in centarl florida, we use for new construction the variable speed Bryant ahu w/thermidistat control. Wire the Dehum on the board to the stat and remove the J1 jumper on board, works like a dream. In florida 40%-45% is real nice humidity, I like it at 44% so I can set my stat at 77F.

I am further south of you, and sell the Nordyne 410a VS 14 seer or higher. I very rarely sell 13 seer units anymore. You are right about the dehumidistat to the control board. That 45% humidity is sweet!!! They think you are a hero.

Ifyou Are Putting Moisture Back In The Air,,theres A Prob... Sorry If You Dont Agree....

Humidity

Kirtusjon-- Do I Leave Or Believe

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast