Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Why again do we support Israel?

China initially sought to acquire high-tech weapons that Israel developed by copying U.S. technologies....

...In 2005, the United States obliged Israel to hold consultations with it before exporting advanced weaponry to third countries, making Israel effectively unable to supply such technologies. But even after that, it cannot be ruled out that a large quantity of gray-zone products, such as electronic and precision machinery, has been exported from Israel to China. Last year, the two countries' trading volume reached about 5 billion dollars, a twofold increase in five years.

Article

Doesn't seem like sound investment to me. Time to pull the plug. Especially since there are very few countries ahead of Israel in EXPORTING arms. I think the list is US, Russia, France, ISRAEL, Britain.

Agreed, that country has screwed us so many times, attacked us, and has sold countless secrets behind our backs, they would sell their own mothers for the right price.
    Unfortunatly, they have us in a headlock in this country by controlling our financial institutions, media, and entertainment.
    They are dug in like an alabama tick so to speak and cause nothing but trouble...like woody woodpecker.

True masters at lies,deception and manipulation...and are like an enormous squid with their tentacles held fast to anything to keep them in power and allow them to manipulate the masses.

Do the research and see for yourself what names and lineage are behind what you see every day.
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people.

Theodore Roosevelt

You don't know what Israel has or has not done. You only know what you have been told they have done or not done.

They would gain nothing by giving advantage to any other nation, given everybody wishes they would go away.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

Don't hold back coolwhip just let it all out. You forgot to mention the resurgence of militant Islam thanks to their expelling the Palestinians in the Holy Land and there overall treatment of them causing the radicals in their group to take control.
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

I'm sure he was getting to that.
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by bootlen View Post
    You don't know what Israel has or has not done. You only know what you have been told they have done or not done.

They would gain nothing by giving advantage to any other nation, given everybody wishes they would go away.
    Number 4 in the world on arms export sales. That's what they have done.

Sales to India

"The real danger comes in Israel's habit of reverse engineering U.S. technology and selling to nations hostile to U.S. interests. Israel's client list includes Cambodia, Eritrea, Ethiopia, the South Lebanon Army, India, China, Burma and Zambia. The U.S. has most recently warmed up to India and is now in fact competing with Israel for arms sales there, but the other Israeli customers remain dubious at best.

Perhaps the most troubling of all is the Israeli/Chinese arms relationship. Israel is China's second largest supplier of arms. Coincidentally, the newest addition to the Chinese air force, the F-10 multi-role fighter, is an almost identical version of the Lavi (Lion). The Lavi was a joint Israeli-American design based upon the F-16 for manufacture in Israel, but financed mostly with American aid. Plagued by cost overruns, it was canceled in 1987, but not before the U.S. spent $1.5 billion on the project. " --http://www.commondreams.org/views02/0509-07.htm

They have a history of selling to China. This is from 2000
    Israel selling Radar to China
    "US Defence Secretary William Cohen has strongly criticised Israel's sale of advanced radar systems to China....

Quote Originally Posted by sysint View Post
    Number 4 in the world on arms export sales. That's what they have done.

Sales to India

Well, at least it's what you have been TOLD.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

Everyone does business with China in one way or another. This isn't news.

"Everyone does business with China in one way or another. This isn't news."Well Johnny come lately, it's not just China. It's many countries. That was simply my last example.

Tell you what, prove that they aren't big in arms exporting and reverse engineering of American tech. Until then, you have nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by bootlen View Post

Boots, you dont know what jesus has or has not done. You only know what you have been told he has done or not done.
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people.

Theodore Roosevelt

Boot probably thinks Israel still fits into some divine plan.... therefore he has his bias. Your counterpoint is reasonable this time coolwhip.

What would be the result if US cut off arms sales to Israel? They would have to go to China or Russia. And Russia is already selling to Iran. Some days I'd welcome China having to deal with the Middle East for awhile.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast