Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

19 Fa teardown (three piece bull gear)

just got done a Fa #5 set screws broke in bull gear and fell into oil pump. drilled out set screws and tapped to 3/8" with one solid set screw then TIG welded the screws in and ground flush. have pictures but don't know where or how to post them. The bull gear is made of three pieces the hub and the two helical gears it is pressed on and drilled on the center line and set screws are put in . only know of one other chiller that has this type of gear i don't think there are to many out there.

I only worked on one, had to remove the motor to install new sensors. There is only 2 in this area. They are both at a nuclear plant and still using r12.

this one is r-134a and the other one is 12 there was another company taking care of this machine and there was a problem with the starter it would start and stop consecutively during start up and i think that starting stopping starting torque sheared the set screws. pretty interesting they let it do it for as long as they did

LOL, but they "saved" money on fixing the starter.
    Quote Originally Posted by DITAW View Post
    this one is r-134a and the other one is 12 there was another company taking care of this machine and there was a problem with the starter it would start and stop consecutively during start up and i think that starting stopping starting torque sheared the set screws. pretty interesting they let it do it for as long as they did
    Your poor planning does not constitute an emergency on my part!!!!

tried to attached the pictures but they are too big know of a site i can post them on.

Picasa

Try Picasa
    http://picasa.google.com/
    I have used this program for several years now.

You can upload picture online and let customers see their equipment, with out the hassle of them opening email attachments and down loading.

This is a free service. You will have to download on your computer for initial setup.

I have not had any software conflicts and I have installed on several computers.

i tried using it every time i go to upload the pictures it just keeps retrying says connection failed . thanks though

i had to shrink the pictures down took a little time
    Attached Images Attached Images        

Attached Images Attached Images      

That rigging job looks a sh!!ty as the overhaul I am on.

Nice pics.
    Your poor planning does not constitute an emergency on my part!!!!

I was wondering who you worked for.I work for Carrier in Rochester,N.Y..I haven't torn down a fa closest beast would be a 17EX.I haven't seen any updated litature on the fa problems like the one your talking about.Was this a problem from the factory or application problem???

can i ask what you have on the motor barrel lift lugs. always trying to use new ideas.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast