Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 13 of 14
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Okmulgee, OK
    Posts
    184

    Help decode this model number

    A good friend just bought a repo house and the previous owners took the condensing unit. It's a triple wide trailer house that has a Nordyne electric air handler.
    air handler numbers
    model-- B3BV-000K-B-15B
    serial-- B3D050512982

    there's another number on the nameplate
    903517B

    Where's the cooling btu's?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Posts
    34,313
    B3BV is vertical only model, the 000 should be the airflow not 000. Say 036, 042 etc. K is 208/230/1, B is width of 19.25" and 15 is kw. Did not see anywhere that 000 is possible.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Okmulgee, OK
    Posts
    184
    Thanks for the reply. It had the model number on it in 2 seperate places and they both read the same- 000. I don't get it....

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    11,874
    Quote Originally Posted by joey83 View Post
    Thanks for the reply. It had the model number on it in 2 seperate places and they both read the same- 000. I don't get it....
    Might be time for a pair of glasses. Nothing to be ashamed of.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Posts
    34,313
    Better call a Nordyne supplier. I looked through the spec sheet again and didn't find a 000.

    The B width cabinets were used in 2.5 through 4 ton air handlers. If there's a piston size sticker on it, that would tell.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Okmulgee, OK
    Posts
    184
    Quote Originally Posted by the dangling wrangler View Post
    Might be time for a pair of glasses. Nothing to be ashamed of.
    I guess I'm going to have to post a pic. You guys are tough around here!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    11,874
    Quote Originally Posted by joey83 View Post
    I guess I'm going to have to post a pic. You guys are tough around here!
    It would be very unusual for the model number to be botched in two different places. Not that it couldn't happen.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    NW burbs of Detroit
    Posts
    6,058
    Get a magnifying glass. I carry one in my pocket on every call. I can't can't remember how
    many times i eyeballed a model number and got it wrong when i called in for a part. I would always miss one digit 'til I doubled checked with my magnifying glass.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    11,874
    Quote Originally Posted by hvaclover View Post
    Get a magnifying glass. I carry one in my pocket on every call. I can't can't remember how
    many times i eyeballed a model number and got it wrong when i called in for a part. I would always miss one digit 'til I doubled checked with my magnifying glass.
    It either has, or will happen to everyone, at some time or another.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Okmulgee, OK
    Posts
    184
    I've messed up on model numbers before. Especially on something like this Nordyne that I don't work on much. BUT, I finally found out that the 000 in the model means that it was assembled with no indoor coil. Found a number on the coil finally.
    C3QA-055U-B
    917229A
    which looks to be a high eff. 4 ton evap coil.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Southern Middle TN.
    Posts
    60
    Quote Originally Posted by the dangling wrangler View Post
    It either has, or will happen to everyone, at some time or another.
    Yeah, I have to carry a pair of reading glasses and a pair of sun glasses.
    Danny

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    11,874
    Quote Originally Posted by knothole View Post
    Yeah, I have to carry a pair of reading glasses and a pair of sun glasses.
    He was right this time, but, it really isn't anything to be ashamed of when it's time for a pair of reading glasses. I hit 50 before I had to.

  13. #13
    HEY YOU GUYS! Stop being so mean to my best friend, he doesn't need glasses yet. Okk?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event