Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Character is not required for candidates by some they just want a hand out and change

The premise was proven with the election of Bill Clinton back in 1992 with 43% of the vote to WH Bush with 37% and the spoiler Ross Perot with 19% assuring Clinton's victory. It was brought out in the election of Bill harassing women and verifiable charges of rape and the fact of his disdain for the military and his draft dodging. Still folks and more women than men voted for him no matter how much of a low life he was.

Now we have Obama in the race with his 20 long year association with his Black racist hate America church and a lot of Americans support him Black and White and on this forum. He gives good feel good speeches and smiles a lot. Clinton did the same thing. I guess we will always have a good percent of the "electorate" to whom character or the lack of it does not matter in the least.

Voting should be a privilege not a right. Literacy tests should be given to at least ascertain if the voter can read and understand a simple statement. Years ago they were required in most states but the liberal Democrats and the commie loving Democratic appointed judges abolished them. Now we have a certain percentage of the voters who only want hand outs and do not understand that to prosper you have to work. What a shame.
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them."
    Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    The premise was proven with the election of Bill Clinton back in 1992 with 43% of the vote to WH Bush with 37% and the spoiler Ross Perot with 19% assuring Clinton's victory. It was brought out in the election of Bill harassing women and verifiable charges of rape and the fact of his disdain for the military and his draft dodging. Still folks and more women than men voted for him no matter how much of a low life he was.

Now we have Obama in the race with his 20 long year association with his Black racist hate America church and a lot of Americans support him Black and White and on this forum. He gives good feel good speeches and smiles a lot. Clinton did the same thing. I guess we will always have a good percent of the "electorate" to whom character or the lack of it does not matter in the least.

Voting should be a privilege not a right. Literacy tests should be given to at least ascertain if the voter can read and understand a simple statement. Years ago they were required in most states but the liberal Democrats and the commie loving Democratic appointed judges abolished them. Now we have a certain percentage of the voters who only want hand outs and do not understand that to prosper you have to work. What a shame.
    If you only knew how many people in the republican base would not be allowed to vote, you might change your tune. Why dont we just have a poll tax too. I'm sure you'd support anyone with black skin not being allowed to vote right? That makes sense, all of those black folk hate whites, and are too dumb to vote.(/sarcasm)

Quote Originally Posted by yelram View Post
    If you only knew how many people in the republican base would not be allowed to vote, you might change your tune. Why dont we just have a poll tax too. I'm sure you'd support anyone with black skin not being allowed to vote right? That makes sense, all of those black folk hate whites, and are too dumb to vote.(/sarcasm)
    My comments have nothing to do with the color of ones skin just my belief that some ignorant Americans White and Black have no sense of character or value but only want a hand out. You can add whatever you want to believe to that I don't care. I stand by what I said and if you care to imply other comments to it racial or otherwise you do that on your own and I don't approve or agree with it. Thank you very much.
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them."
    Barry Goldwater

That's right, Glenn. If you don't vote for Barak, you would not let black people vote either.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

If you don't vote for Hillary you don't let women vote....
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by bootlen View Post
    That's right, Glenn. If you don't vote for Barak, you would not let black people vote either.
    I beg your pardon Boots, I never implied or believe such a thing. Please reread my op and tell me where you got that. You can not because it isn't there. Perhaps you have a problem understanding a simple statement also. You could have a hard time getting qualified under a literacy test with that logic.
    Barry Goldwater

Glenn, he (and I) were both referring with a bit a sarcasm to the interjection by yelram and his 'sarcasm'.

(If I'm wrong here Bootlen let me know but that's what I was doing!)
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

I think a [small]poll-tax and driver-licence and HS diploma/GED would be an inproved requirement for voting. And I would like to vote for Condi Rice for president.

Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    I beg your pardon Boots, I never implied or believe such a thing. Please reread my op and tell me where you got that. You can not because it isn't there. Perhaps you have a problem understanding a simple statement also. You could have a hard time getting qualified under a literacy test with that logic.
    Mrs. Reb is right. Yelram intimated in a lot more words that since you will not vote for Barak, you would not let black people vote. I simply said what he said in a lot fewer words.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

Strange, I getting the feeling here that if you believe that voting should be regulated to at least a point that the voter should be able to show that he or she can read and understand a simple sentence or such then you are some kind of racist. I simply don't believe that you should not be able to vote unless you have a least enough sense to read and understand what you read.

I saying that this should be administered fairly to all and not be weighted toward a persons race, sex or religious belief. Now if that concept is to hard for some to grasp with out going off the deep end then I am sorry about that. Currently the only restriction on voting is a felony conviction, a history of confinement to mental institutions, age and citizenship. I just would like it to be a privilege to vote and you have to show that you can actually read and think even if on a simple level. What's so wrong with that? Granted literacy tests were abused in the South years ago but they should have made them color blind instead of being abolished. That's how I feel about it and you all are welcome to feel different but please don't imply that I think any different than what I have said. It is not true and unfair. Thank you very much.
    Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by mrs reb77 View Post
    Glenn, he (and I) were both referring with a bit a sarcasm to the interjection by yelram and his 'sarcasm'.

(If I'm wrong here Bootlen let me know but that's what I was doing!)

Sorry mrs reb and boots, I don't read sarcasm that well, perhaps I might even have a hard time understand the convoluted logic you all were using. Thanks for pointing that out. Carry on.
    Barry Goldwater

Only yelram suggested racism, superman, the rest of us understand. I personally agree with the concept.

It does make some sense that you need to be able to read or at least understand English in order to cast a ballot. That will never be the case though with the "disenfranchised" police running about though.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast