Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    well, if you want to do it the cheap way.
    By a window unit. Run it if the room gets to hot.
    Then when you move, you take it with you.
    Saves you from having to redo the room in order to sell the house. plus, when the exhaust fan wasn't running, you could get some nasty odors from the bathroom.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by seatonheating View Post
    Then live with it for a year.

Leave the problem for the next guy huh? How about thinking this through and quit being so cheap about it. I bet you weren't cheap with everything else were you?
    If you read my post then maybe you wouldn't have responded the way you did. There is nothing wrong with the spare bedroom when used as a spare bedroom. There is no "problem" to fix per se. The problem is me using it as a theater room with amplifiers, a projector and other sorts of equipment in the room increasing the room temperature.

Solving my problem the proper way [being that it's only going to be for a year] would result in my wasted money and an installation/modification that will make the room too cold when I move.

Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    well, if you want to do it the cheap way.
    By a window unit. Run it if the room gets to hot.
    Then when you move, you take it with you.
    Saves you from having to redo the room in order to sell the house. plus, when the exhaust fan wasn't running, you could get some nasty odors from the bathroom.
    This is a front projection theater room. The only window in the room is covered by the screen.

I didn't think about the smell though, It's usually only me and my wife in the house anyway and we usually use a different bathroom

That exhaust fan won't make any noticable difference.

I think its funny when cheap folks excuse is "I'm only going to be here 1 more year", then 6 years later you get a call and THEY'RE STILL LIVING THERE!!!
    How tall are you Private???!!!!

I dont think I have ever seen a bedroom with an exhaust fan in it however that would look a little odd if you had to move your home theatre out of there
    If you didn't do it right the first time it probably makes sense that your here asking the right way to do it now

Quote Originally Posted by Gunnery Sergeant Hartman View Post
    That exhaust fan won't make any noticable difference.

I think its funny when cheap folks excuse is "I'm only going to be here 1 more year", then 6 years later you get a call and THEY'RE STILL LIVING THERE!!!
    What's with this forum?

You like calling me cheap, what would you do?

There is nothing wrong with the HVAC when the room is used under common conditions. I have no windows so a window unit is out. I could invest in a split unit but when I go to sell the house[and I am selling as soon as houses in my area start selling again, as none of the 10 in my neighborhood have sold in the last 9 months they've been up for sale] a split unit is going to seem odd.

The exhaust I plan to install resides in the ceiling of a close where all of my equipment is. Once the house is sold it won't be noticed, I'll pull the flex tubing and fan and patch the hole. [is textured ceiling].

Would you seriously invest in a zoned HVAC rework the possible needs a new unit for an application that is only going to be there for one more year, two at the latest? Are you hurting for work or something that you have to call someone cheap? Even if I had unlimited money it wouldn't make much sense to invest in something thats going to be out of place when I move..

Thanks to those that offered suggestions, and to those that offered none thanks for wasting my time.

Quote Originally Posted by Scubasteve2365 View Post
    What's with this forum?

You like calling me cheap, what would you do?

There is nothing wrong with the HVAC when the room is used under common conditions. I have no windows so a window unit is out. I could invest in a split unit but when I go to sell the house[and I am selling as soon as houses in my area start selling again, as none of the 10 in my neighborhood have sold in the last 9 months they've been up for sale] a split unit is going to seem odd.

The exhaust I plan to install resides in the ceiling of a close where all of my equipment is. Once the house is sold it won't be noticed, I'll pull the flex tubing and fan and patch the hole. [is textured ceiling].

Would you seriously invest in a zoned HVAC rework the possible needs a new unit for an application that is only going to be there for one more year, two at the latest? Are you hurting for work or something that you have to call someone cheap? Even if I had unlimited money it wouldn't make much sense to invest in something thats going to be out of place when I move..

Thanks to those that offered suggestions, and to those that offered none thanks for wasting my time.

Because the exhaust fan won't work...period.

I'd tell you why but you aren't a pro.

Like I said before. Hack in a band-aid fix. Just don't come back here and complain when it doesn't work. Pros are pros for a reason.

CONGRATS!!!! Looks like you got married between the time you originally posted and today.

Post 1.. fiance, Post 16.. wife
    I never let schooling interfere with my education... Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by ISOTHERMAL View Post
    CONGRATS!!!! Looks like you got married between the time you originally posted and today.

Post 1.. fiance, Post 16.. wife
    Thank you, hence my delay between looking into this issue and the reason why I will be buying a new home in a relative short period of time. I need more room to start a family.

Because the exhaust fan won't work...period.

I'd tell you why but you aren't a pro.

Like I said before. Hack in a band-aid fix. Just don't come back here and complain when it doesn't work. Pros are pros for a reason.
    Can you be anymore pompous. Great you're a "pro" in HVAC. Did your certification come complete with the ******* chip on your shoulder. I guess this is the big difference from learning a trade versus getting a degree. I too, am a professional at what I do, yet I would never dream of acting like you about it.

Nice of you to not disclose why it wouldn't work.

Can you be anymore pompous. Great you're a "pro" in HVAC. Did your certification come complete with the ******* chip on your shoulder. I guess this is the big difference from learning a trade versus getting a degree. I too, am a professional at what I do, yet I would never dream of acting like you about it.

Nice of you to not disclose why it wouldn't work.

Is your name Cotty-Gee??

Seriously. Consult a local pro and get something done that will work. Instead of asking us, ask him.

Oh, and by the way. What makes you think I don't have a degree?? You just slapped guys on this site right in the face. You have no idea to what capacity we are involved in this "trade".

Is your name Cotty-Gee??

Seriously. Consult a local pro and get something done that will work. Instead of asking us, ask him.

Oh, and by the way. What makes you think I don't have a degree?? You just slapped guys on this site right in the face. You have no idea to what capacity we are involved in this "trade".
    I thought I was asking a pro?

Don't get your Cotty-Gee question!

I don't care what capacity you're involved in this trade. the facts are, this is a messageboard. People talk on messageboards. I'm not asking specific DIY step by step instructions and you're being a dick.

If this is a private, industry only club, then maybe it should be more known so that people don't waste their time asking for a little help.

Again, I'm not looking for permanent, complete system rework solution. I know that a local "Pro" is going to do a load calc and is going to possibly request zoning. When I move I plan on finding a home with an unfinished basement and a zoned system will be installed. For now, I asked for simple suggestions that might possibly make my remaining stay a little more comfortable.

I thought I was asking a pro?

Don't get your Cotty-Gee question!

I don't care what capacity you're involved in this trade. the facts are, this is a messageboard. People talk on messageboards. I'm not asking specific DIY step by step instructions and you're being a dick.

If this is a private, industry only club, then maybe it should be more known so that people don't waste their time asking for a little help.

Again, I'm not looking for permanent, complete system rework solution. I know that a local "Pro" is going to do a load calc and is going to possibly request zoning. When I move I plan on finding a home with an unfinished basement and a zoned system will be installed. For now, I asked for simple suggestions that might possibly make my remaining stay a little more comfortable.
    The exhaust fan will not work. It will do NOTHING.

Buy a couple of cheap box fans and drink cold beer when it gets too warm in the room if you don't want to do it right.
    How tall are you Private???!!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast