Trane XV80 and Comfort-R

I have a XV80 - around 9-10 years old but in great condition.
    Just had the Trane Clean Effects Upgrade kit installed.
    The Installer also hooked up the 2 stage t-stat to the furnace by removing the W1/W2 jumper on the furnace and connecting W2 on the t-stat to W2 on furnace.
    So far so good.
    He also checked the dip switches 5&6 - both were on.
    He then jumpered Y and O on the furnace to 'activate' Comfort-R.

However, since then, the A/C never goes above 50% power.

I can find no mention in the Installer manual of the need to jumper Y and O.

The only reference I see is on the back of the lower door cover that states:
    "If a Humidistat is used, Connect between BK and R. For Cooling-ONly/Non Heat Pump Systems Jumper Y and O for Humidistat operation. If a Humidistat is NOT used Jumper R to BK."

So - basically should Y and O be jumpered - and if so why might the air not now being going above 50%?

When you say that the A/C does not go above 50%, do you meen the air flow when running constant fan?

According to the Install guide, the A/C should kick in at 50% for 1 minute then jump to 80% for 7.5 minutes then jump to 100% only if required.

It does not appear to be going above the initial 50%

Quote Originally Posted by djacks View Post
    I have a XV80 - around 9-10 years old but in great condition.
    Just had the Trane Clean Effects Upgrade kit installed.
    The Installer also hooked up the 2 stage t-stat to the furnace by removing the W1/W2 jumper on the furnace and connecting W2 on the t-stat to W2 on furnace.
    So far so good.
    He also checked the dip switches 5&6 - both were on.
    He then jumpered Y and O on the furnace to 'activate' Comfort-R.

However, since then, the A/C never goes above 50% power.

I can find no mention in the Installer manual of the need to jumper Y and O.

The only reference I see is on the back of the lower door cover that states:
    "If a Humidistat is used, Connect between BK and R. For Cooling-ONly/Non Heat Pump Systems Jumper Y and O for Humidistat operation. If a Humidistat is NOT used Jumper R to BK."

So - basically should Y and O be jumpered - and if so why might the air not now being going above 50%?
    Don't you think it is faster and better to call that same techinician out to resolve your problem than posting your question on this website. We all know it is not a DIY website. If you want some understanding, than ask that technician to explain it to you or to give you the literature to read.

I would agree with you.. Having just shelled out over $1500 in the Trane Clean Effects Upgrade etc.. but when it came to 'activating' the Comfort-R, I didn't see much confidence in what he was doing...
    He actually said before he left, if the fan did not go up from 50% - that I should remove the Y and O jumper....!!!

He probably doesn't have Y hooked to the board to tell the furnace he's calling for cool. That's why you only get 50%. Tell him to try again! The Y-0 jumper is fine.