Trane XL16i Problem

Are any of you HVAC guys aware of an issue with some Trane XL16i Heat Pumps? I have one less than 5 months old. Trane is sending a new relay. This is after a board was replaced. The outdoor unit makes a terrible buzzing noise and will not stop. I am very frustrated with Trane's response to this issue. I believe they should replace my outdoor unit.

Hmm

The unit does not need to be replaced you have a 60 cycle hum wich can be caused by a weak transformer in the indoor unit or a weak coil in the contacter you might have more than one problem you do need to have your contracter check it out then report to trane

My contracter has been working on it for two weeks with Trane. I talked to the regional Trane rep today they have a fix. It involves the board that has already been replaced and a relay which they are sending finally. I'm venting because I spent alot of money on a high end heat pump, and i've had more trouble with it than the 25 year old unit it replaced.

The saying is: Its hard to stop a Trane.
    Not, Trains run quiet.

Joking aside.

Trane isn't going to replace an outdoor unit, because of a hum, and a bad board.
    Hope you got the 10 year parts and labor warranty. If you didn't, its no too late.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Is it a two ton?

is it a two ton?

Ding Ding Ding Yes it is a two ton unit