+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Best Education to Start

Post Likes

Best Education to Start

I want to enter the HVAC field as soon as possible. I have a lead on a one month, 200 hour program leading to an EPA certification in Alabama. I want to work in NC. Is this a legitimate program? Am I employable after this program?

Post Likes

Thumbs up

Any education is better than none at all. i will tell you here in New Jersey most companies want a someone with experience. when you are hired you may start on install working with someone than eventually possibly service. there are advantages to both. if you would like my opinion on that ill give you that later. now the epa is exactly what you need and will help with being hired. however most of what you learn in my experience is on the job, and classes from manufactures on their specific equipment. Just out of curiosity, what makes you want to do hvac and are you leaning more towards service or installations at this point.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by barbaraj View Post
    I want to enter the HVAC field as soon as possible. I have a lead on a one month, 200 hour program leading to an EPA certification in Alabama. I want to work in NC. Is this a legitimate program? Am I employable after this program?
    your employable off the street in NC. just have to start from the bottom as an installers helper. college diploma will get you farther into service though. just remember, either route you take, when you get done with school, you still don't know jack about HVAC. i found that out the hard embarrassing way
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in