Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tempstar V90

Tempstar V90

Hello folks,
    I just had a brand new Temstar V90 furnace installed and its driving me nuts, soooo I have a few questions.
    1. Is it possible to have 2 zone heating with this system. I had two zone and now have one zone and I cant tell you how much it sucks.
    2. There is a constant humming from the return downstairs closest to the furnace. What the heck could be that from?
    3. Any idea where I could locat a manual for this system since the rocker scientist who installed it drove away with it.
    Thanks again, sorry if I come off grumpy but I'm really pissed.

Quote Originally Posted by 72chevy View Post
    Hello folks,
    I just had a brand new Temstar V90 furnace installed and its driving me nuts, soooo I have a few questions.
    1. Is it possible to have 2 zone heating with this system. I had two zone and now have one zone and I cant tell you how much it sucks.
    2. There is a constant humming from the return downstairs closest to the furnace. What the heck could be that from?
    3. Any idea where I could locat a manual for this system since the rocker scientist who installed it drove away with it.
    Thanks again, sorry if I come off grumpy but I'm really pissed.
    Before everyone starts jumping all over this thread....why are you comming to us for help? I guess my question is....why are you not calling back your installing company and making sure that they make things right by you???
    I need a new signature.....

Yes - easily. (It's a two stage furnace) Call the installer back.

The blower motor is most likely running on low speed when there's no call for heating or cooling. If continuous operation is objectionable, set the t-stat fan switch to AUTO.

3. Any idea where I could locat a manual for this system since the rocker scientist who installed it drove away with it
    He probably took it to prevent DIY repairs.

good call

good call bend metal. i would do exactly as suggested

Sorry, its just been one of those weeks.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated, I have called my install guy and he will be back on Saterday.
    I'm just loking to see if there are any solutions out there, or if this issue has come up before.
    Again, I mean no offence.

Even if that is his reason. Its bad form, since the customer paid for that manual. And it can screw up the next tech that may not be familar with that unit.

If you had 2 zones before, why did your contractor convert it to one. Did you agree to this.
    Call him back and have him set up your furnace, like he should have.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by amd View Post
    Yes - easily. (It's a two stage furnace) Call the installer back.

The blower motor is most likely running on low speed when there's no call for heating or cooling. If continuous operation is objectionable, set the t-stat fan switch to AUTO.

Even when the system is set to Auto or off it still hums.

Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post

Even if that is his reason. Its bad form, since the customer paid for that manual. And it can screw up the next tech that may not be familar with that unit.

If you had 2 zones before, why did your contractor convert it to one. Did you agree to this.
    Call him back and have him set up your furnace, like he should have.
    I never agren to one zone, and its not stated in the sales contract, the dead giveaway is when I saw one thermostate. According to him it was not possible to make it two zones. We now have a bakery upstairs and a meat locker downstairs.

Sorry, its just been one of those weeks.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated, I have called my install guy and he will be back on Saterday.
    I'm just loking to see if there are any solutions out there, or if this issue has come up before.
    Again, I mean no offence.
    No offense taken at all...as techs we know what you are going through....

Is your fan always running? As stated above it could be the source of your noise.
    Why did you downgrade to a single zone (as asked above also)??

The manual to that furnace should be hanging right next to it...the fact that he took it means he is clueless if you ask me. What about the next tech?

As far as him coming back on Saturday....my company would have been back out there ten minutes after your call to make sure you were happy. Make sure you get the answers to your questions and make sure he takes care of things to your satisfaction.

Not to bust on you, but you hired the wrong contractor. Was he the lowest bid, or did you only get one bid.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

I never agren to one zone, and its not stated in the sales contract, the dead giveaway is when I saw one thermostate. According to him it was not possible to make it two zones. We now have a bakery upstairs and a meat locker downstairs.
    At this point forget what I said and call someone who has a clue....sorry man but this guy has no idea what he is doing if he told you that the new furnace couldn't be zoned....especially when the old one was zoned

Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    Not to bust on you, but you hired the wrong contractor. Was he the lowest bid, or did you only get one bid.
    Nope we had 4 bids, he was the second highest and came reccomended.

Hey Chevy....what part of the country are you in?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast