Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Authorized Carrier Dealer

Quote Originally Posted by sstucush View Post
    aircooled53-So is that an appropriate air handler for the Infinity heat pump? I'm wondering why the model number doesn't match the models on the Carrier web site. I will mention the discrepancy to the dealer but just trying to gather info first. Thanks for your reply.

If a system has been in there warehouse for a long time (90 days +) they will want to move the product it does not mean the unit is out dated. If you are getting a heat pump infinity system for the price of a straight cool jump all over it. That is a Infinity matched air handler unit, if you are insecure about the model numbers the web site is a poor choice for model # comparison. Call Carrier Corporation Customer Relations, they can awnser questions like manuf. date of system, eff seer rating, size, and any other questions you may have. Please be open minded about the offer the contractor made to you, I know there are a lot of hacks out there but this contractor sounds like he is just trying to earn your buisness. good luck

Carrier Corporation Customer Relations
    Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Eastern
    Phone: 1.800.227.7437 or 1.800.CARRIER
    Fax: 1.315.432.6620
    WARNING:IF YOU DON'T KNOW THEN DON'T DO, SO THOSE WHO KNOW WHAT YOU DIDN'T KNOW DON'T END UP UNDOING WHAT YOU DID SO IT COULD GET DONE RIGHT!

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Quote Originally Posted by sstucush View Post
    Hi there. I received a quote on a Carrier Infinity heat pump model 25HWA648. When I tried to confirm this model number with the Carrier web site it didn't match. Is it possible the dealer is trying to sell me an outdated unit? I was suspicious enough to double check because he was supposed to come back with an estimate on an Infinity straight cool system. We live just south of Tampa and rarely use the heat so decided we wouldn't recoup the initial heat pump investment. This was throughly discussed with the dealer. Then he comes in and says he was walking through the warehouse yesterday and saw an Infinity heat pump (acted as though this was a "wow" moment) and managed to get it for us for the same price as a straight cool. This raised red flags althought up to this point I liked this dealer. It's hard to read but the air handler model is FE4BWF006000.

Just wondering if this seems strange to anyone.

Thanks!
    Sorry I was in ahurry before,missed the I found a heat pump deal,I'd be concerned even though I may be a friend of that dealer.Don't see any deals in the distributers warehouse ,other than damaged equipment,but I don't get by there that much.

Thanks again for all the replies. Gregg1-We are in Sarasota.

I have one final estimate tomorrow then we will try and decide what equipment and which dealer we trust most.

The concern with the guy who "found" the heat pump in the warehouse is that after our initial meeting with him we all agreed we would be better off with a straight cool and that's what we wanted the estimate for. Then he gives me an estimate for the heat pump and writes nothing up for the straight cool. Gut instinct says it's weird. Maybe they really are just trying to clear their warehouse of perfectly good equipment but I would rather be offered a good deal plainly as opposed to some strange story about a heat pump the owner says we can have for a deal for some reason I didn't quite understand. I guess I'm convincing myself I don't trust that guy and should move on for that reason.

Now, heat pump or straight cool.........Lennox or Carrier or Bryant. I do think I have a pretty good alternative dealer but he is really pushing Lennox and for some reason the Carrier Infinity and Bryant Evolution look interesting to me. Guess I'll keep reading your informative boards here and keep talking to the dealers.

Have you considerd Bryant Evolution system, its the same unit as the Carrier Infinity for less price. They are a wonderful system with great rebates and the same features. here take a look you can even search for a dealer near you GOOD LUCK

http://www.bryant.com/systems/evolution.shtml
    WARNING:IF YOU DON'T KNOW THEN DON'T DO, SO THOSE WHO KNOW WHAT YOU DIDN'T KNOW DON'T END UP UNDOING WHAT YOU DID SO IT COULD GET DONE RIGHT!

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Quote Originally Posted by AcDOCnTRAINIG View Post
    Have you considerd Bryant Evolution system, its the same unit as the Carrier Infinity for less price. They are a wonderful system with great rebates and the same features. here take a look you can even search for a dealer near you GOOD LUCK

http://www.bryant.com/systems/evolution.shtml
    As a Carrier Dealer we regularly have a very competitive price,if not lower,with the greater Factory rebate included.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by dash View Post
    As a Carrier Dealer we regularly have a very competitive price,if not lower,with the greater Factory rebate included.
    Bryant for us blows Carrier prices out of the water when it comes to high end units like EVO. I LOVE Bryant they got such great sales rep & customer support its priceless.We also get great prices with Bryant generators, if you like we can have a chat at the Pro buisness

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12