Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 14 to 26 of 26
  1. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Valdosta Ga
    Posts
    847
    I guess you now have the indoor fan running. Great
    you cannot get enough heat from your unit when its -1 outside at least not as much as you can when its 5.5
    Have you checked the tempature difference across the indoor coil (with system on and fan running inside and out) at different outdoor ambents?
    When it was 15 degrees inside what was the temapure difference of output air temp and the 15 degree indoor temp.

  2. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by bzzline View Post
    I guess you now have the indoor fan running. Great
    you cannot get enough heat from your unit when its -1 outside at least not as much as you can when its 5.5
    Have you checked the tempature difference across the indoor coil (with system on and fan running inside and out) at different outdoor ambents?
    When it was 15 degrees inside what was the temapure difference of output air temp and the 15 degree indoor temp.
    i cant feel any temperature difference across the indoor coil. it doesnt feel warm at all. its not that cold outside here now. its approx -1 celsius. the only place i can feel some warmth in my system is inside the outside unit. the compressor is warm and so are some of the pipes running inside the outdoor unit. Also the 4way valve feels hot. can it just be the valve that could be broken ?? And maybe thats why the red lights comes on after a while. as some kind of error message cause the indoor coil doesnt sense any heat after so long as 20-30 min. cause when i disconnected the indoor coil sensor then the same light start blinking. there no error diagnose with leds in this feeder as you for instance have on panasonic hvacs. at least i cant find anything about it in the manual neither on the internet concering this subject. am no expert in this field. just want to find the fault before i order some parts. as i told earlier seems like half of the 4way valve in the outdoor unit feels slightly warm on the opposite side where its warmer. and if its the valve is this a special part for my feeder or could i use a valve from other models that they sell here. here around they have many brands like panasonic, toshiba, foma and other kinds i dont remember i can try take some pictures inside the outside unit today after work.

    I really appreciate that youre trying to help me with my problem

  3. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Valdosta Ga
    Posts
    847
    No problm you can thank HAVC Talk IP I don't know if I am helping you if you buy something you don't need.
    If your problem is in the 4-way valve if its not switching over may be because of low pressure , or restrcition.
    I would first try to find someone with some gauges an experence. Is there a trade school in your area you could call ?
    The unit could have a compressor with a internal valve problem not letting enough pressure get to the 4 way valve to allow it to go from heat to cool. There will have to be a way you can say the compressor is good before changing the 4 way valve.
    To keep from buying parts you may not or don't need or getting hurt you will have to find a service Tec.

  4. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by bzzline View Post
    No problm you can thank HAVC Talk IP I don't know if I am helping you if you buy something you don't need.
    If your problem is in the 4-way valve if its not switching over may be because of low pressure , or restrcition.
    I would first try to find someone with some gauges an experence. Is there a trade school in your area you could call ?
    The unit could have a compressor with a internal valve problem not letting enough pressure get to the 4 way valve to allow it to go from heat to cool. There will have to be a way you can say the compressor is good before changing the 4 way valve.
    To keep from buying parts you may not or don't need or getting hurt you will have to find a service Tec.
    I talked to a experience hvac guy today and he mentioned a electronic device (dont know the english word for it..it may be typed as electronic coil ?) that sits on the 4way valve . Its two wires connecting to it. He told me to disconnect one of the wires to see if something changed. It could be that one that where broken also. But he also mentioned the compressor. I will try disconnect one of the wires and see if something happen and then call him tomorrow again.

  5. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Valdosta Ga
    Posts
    847
    In the link for fedders from dan sw fl there was a reference that the 'red light would blink while the unit was in defrost and no heat would be avilable' Your unit was not on the list but it is a fedders may be the unit will not cycle till that outdoor defrost curcuit it satisfied by outdoor coil sensor or control.
    I

  6. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Valdosta Ga
    Posts
    847
    If the coil voltage is the same and pipe size is right another 4 way valve should work the same as the fedders. Finding Refrigerent R -407 for that unit in your area may be another story

  7. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by bzzline View Post
    If the coil voltage is the same and pipe size is right another 4 way valve should work the same as the fedders. Finding Refrigerent R -407 for that unit in your area may be another story
    i have a old friend thats has been mounting hvacs for a couple years now. he dont have any deep knowledge in fixing and diagnosing. but he has r407 refrigent available.

  8. #21
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Valdosta Ga
    Posts
    847
    Quote Originally Posted by bzzline View Post
    In the link for fedders from dan sw fl there was a reference that the 'red light would blink while the unit was in defrost and no heat would be avilable' Your unit was not on the list but it is a fedders may be the unit will not cycle till that outdoor defrost curcuit it satisfied by outdoor coil sensor or control.
    I
    Did the red light stop blinking?

  9. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Valdosta Ga
    Posts
    847
    In the heating mode and the red light is off - pipes are warm to the outdoor coil it's in defrost mode or there is a problem with the 4 way valve. (just a guess)
    at -1 it may go into a defrost every 20 min
    was there any frost on the outdoor coil and if so did it cover the complete coil or just part way not all the way to the sensor

  10. #23
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Valdosta Ga
    Posts
    847

    Hmm

    Forget the sensor on the outdoor coil your unit may not have one. I was looking at some other fedder drawings that do not have a outdoor sensor. Everything was controled by the inside circuit board and its sensors.
    Sorry I have not worked on these.

  11. #24
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by bzzline View Post
    Forget the sensor on the outdoor coil your unit may not have one. I was looking at some other fedder drawings that do not have a outdoor sensor. Everything was controled by the inside circuit board and its sensors.
    Sorry I have not worked on these.
    am about to go out and try disconnecting the cable. just got home. well there is an outdoor sensor also in the back of the outdoor unit by the coil..thats what it says on the indoor circuit board ID-SENSOR and OD-sensor and AIR-sensor if i dont remember wrong.

    there is no frost at all in the outdoor unit. .

  12. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    12
    when i disconnected one of the two cable from the condensator i heard a clicking noise from the black "thingy" i mentioned earler sitting on top of the 4-way valve. each time i connect and disconnect it clicked...so now took of the cable and started the heat mode to see if it works now. the black "thingy" u can see on the first pictures in this post. also took some other pics from the inside of the outdoor unit.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

  13. #26
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    12,150
    What the hay?

    No DIY here, boys. Time to shut 'er down.
    Perhaps you should have read the instructions before calling.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event