Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

No heat from Fedders split type ac

Hi everybody. Am new in here and I hope I can get some help with my feeders split type ac. In auto, ac and fan mode the fan in the indoor unit run, but when i switch to heat mode the fan stops. After 20-30 mins, still no fan running a clicking noise from the circuit board and red light starts blink continously. Looking in the manual its an indecating light for filter cleaning (that is of course done). The manual says to push the reset button (look on pictures) before closing the lid and the light should disappear. But it doesn`t happen. The fan never starts running until i change mode again to ac, fan or auto.

The Fan in the outdoor unit runs and it touched the compressor and some of the pipes and they are warm. the 4-way valve feels like it warmer on the one side of it. the pipes that goes outside the outdoor unit thru the wall feels cold. I also have looked for a reset button of some kind in the outdoor unit but its no button there.

Please help. I live in norway and there are no repair man here that ever worked on feeders and no spare parts here either so i have to order parts from abroad if you dont think I can repair it here without any special parts for the fedders. The model is EHFE1126B. Attach some pictures of the circuit boards, board with reset switch and the board with the led lights (green is for on/off mode, yellow is for timer and red for filter.
    Attached Images Attached Images        

The original installing contractor should be able to get parts if needed.
    You will need to call him.
    You have more then trouble then we can help you with over the internet.

Call teh installer.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    The original installing contractor should be able to get parts if needed.
    You will need to call him.
    You have more then trouble then we can help you with over the internet.

Call teh installer.
    the original inst. contractor can find out whats wrong. Neither can he get parts. i bought it in sweden my neighbour country and they dont have parts for it anymore. its approx 5 yrs. old. there are no parts for feeders in europe. so i have to order it abroad. But i need to find out the problem first. If its the controller board in the indoor unit or the valves or something else

While. Strange since that unit is made for European countries.

You may want to call Fedders tech support, and see if they will help you.
    over the internet, we can't tel for sure.

It could be the board, or a sensor in the OD unit, telling it, its in defrost.
    Contractor locator map

If there is a radio shack there they might be able to check the indoor coil sensor

Quote Originally Posted by bzzline View Post
    If there is a radio shack there they might be able to check the indoor coil sensor
    hi i did a quick test. i disconnected the indoor coil sensor from the controller board. and no the indoor unit won´t start up. and the red light starts blinking right away. when i turn it on the vane motor starts and stops again and it just blinking red..could this be the problem with my unit ? when i plug the sensor back in its the same problem as before
    Last edited by mbenjami; 03-24-2008 at 10:43 AM.

how can i check the indoor coil sensor myself ? also have a friend that has some experience with electronics..can he just use a volt meter or something ?

can I try changing the indoor air sensor with the indoor coil sensor. or will that destroy the air sensor ? or are the to different to work ?

Sorry. We're not allowed to give that type of DIY instruction on this forum.
    Its in the rules.

If the 2 sensors are not the same type. Then just swapping them wouldn't tell you anything, because they would be inconpatiable.

Anybody that works on mini splits can work on that Fedders.

Some contractors won't work on equipment that was DIY installed.
    So if other contractors in your area think it was a DIY install. Just give them the name of the contractor that installed it.
    Contractor locator map

I am sorry I don't work on mini splits yet.
    I do not know the ohms values for tempature sensor unit On a kitchen stove its around 1000 ohms May be sence I don't know anything this will not count as DYI advise
    I think that the indoor sensor would be at fault if the indoor coils were getting warm an the indoor fan motor was not called on.
    Could also be a loss of refrigerent locking out indoor fan motor till tempature rise if the indoor coils are not getting warm the sensor would be doing its job not letting cold air blow around (just guessing). On your picture it looked like a oil spot near the indoor temp sensor.
    This is just a start of things that can be wrong

Exclamation Contact FEDDERS

http://www.fedders.com/service.htm

European Region/Russia
    Customer Service: 49-40-521-400
    Fax: 49-40-525-4194

Email: serviceEurope AT fedders DOT com
    Designer Dan
    It's Not Rocket Science, But It is SCIENCE with "Some Art". ___ ___ K EEP I T S IMPLE & S INCERE

Define the Building Envelope and Perform a Detailed Load Calc: It's ALL About Windows and Make-up Air Requirements. Know Your Equipment Capabilities

Quote Originally Posted by dan sw fl View Post
    http://www.fedders.com/service.htm

European Region/Russia
    Customer Service: 49-40-521-400
    Fax: 49-40-525-4194

Email: serviceEurope AT fedders DOT com
    thanks alot . will try that

Quote Originally Posted by bzzline View Post
    I am sorry I don't work on mini splits yet.
    I do not know the ohms values for tempature sensor unit On a kitchen stove its around 1000 ohms May be sence I don't know anything this will not count as DYI advise
    I think that the indoor sensor would be at fault if the indoor coils were getting warm an the indoor fan motor was not called on.
    Could also be a loss of refrigerent locking out indoor fan motor till tempature rise if the indoor coils are not getting warm the sensor would be doing its job not letting cold air blow around (just guessing). On your picture it looked like a oil spot near the indoor temp sensor.
    This is just a start of things that can be wrong

my friend tried to ohm the sensor and it was connection between the 2 wires. Its not oil spot. its something sticky that are supposed to be there the indoor coils are cold but the pipes in the outdoor unit is warm. But the warm is not outside of the outdoor unit..there the pipes are cold. last night the temperatur was around 23 celsius in my living room. warmed up the air with other electric ovens/heaters. Turned everything off and put only the hvac on auto last night and thru the whole night and the temp was 15 celsius degres in my livingroom this morning when i woke up. Auto mode is supposed to be 22 celsius . so its not letting in anykind of heat from the outdoor unit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast