Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The code has already told you what happened, from your own writing, the thermal overload opened. There are many things that can cause this and only an inspection of the unit and its operation by someone with the correct tools and knowledge can determine which one it is. It could also be as simple as the electrical power going off and coming right back on, such as in a storm or a power pole being hit. Not trying to be difficult but there is not really a solid answer to give you.
    If all else fails....Try reading the directions!

Tell it like it is and let the chips fall where they may.

Any views or opinions stated here are strictly my own.

So the unit overheated? Could it be caused by running at 50 degrees for a week and then jumping up to 68 coming off the vacation setting? I have the aux heat set to stay off unless it's 23 or lower.

Quote Originally Posted by belcherwm View Post
    So far thanks for nothing. This site is sure going downhill.

One of the reasons I got the Infinity system was so that I could understand my equipment. I'm not stupid enough that I would do anything except change my filters and adjust a damper or clean the leaves away from the compressor. What's wrong with gleaning some information from this site so I can have an intelligent conversation with a technician?

So if anybody has anything useful to add please do so. Otherwise, consider yourself uninvited from the conversation.
    Well, I can tell you one thing is for certain that you have a problem that you are not qualified to fix and if you do you would VOID the warranty.

Thermal cut out Vault code suggest that at the time of (start) high speed on your Infinity there was an ISSUE, but you don't care; other wise you would call for service and get repaired before it causes damage to your unit..
    "Everyday above ground, is a good day".
    "But everyday that you have made a difference in someones life, may insure you stay above ground a little longer".<aircooled>

Quote Originally Posted by aircooled53 View Post
    Well, I can tell you one thing is for certain that you have a problem that you are not qualified to fix and if you do you would VOID the warranty.

Thermal cut out Vault code suggest that at the time of (start) high speed on your Infinity there was an ISSUE, but you don't care; other wise you would call for service and get repaired before it causes damage to your unit..
    Thanks once again for insulting me and offering little or no information of use.

I found this code under the Service/Setup menu. Nothing was displayed on the main screen of my Infinity Controller. If this is such a dire issue, why wouldn't there be some type of message on the screen that any shmuck, I mean homeowner, would see? It's not even listed as a fault.

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Thanks once again for insulting me and offering little or no information of use.

I found this code under the Service/Setup menu. Nothing was displayed on the main screen of my Infinity Controller. If this is such a dire issue, why wouldn't there be some type of message on the screen that any shmuck, I mean homeowner, would see? It's not even listed as a fault.
    No big deal,but if it reoccurs ,call for service,not a bad idea to call now.

Because occasionally things happen for no real reason, like the power pole example I gave earlier. If it was on the display people would get all bent out of shape for no reason (sound famaliar? lol). For this reason the same "event" must happen 3 times in the same call to run before it is considered a "fault" and is displayed.
    Last edited by plain spoken; 03-26-2008 at 10:01 AM.
    If all else fails....Try reading the directions!

Tell it like it is and let the chips fall where they may.

Any views or opinions stated here are strictly my own.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12