Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

gotta try this picture thing.....here's one of my first installs for my company

Worked real nice....( I do them alot though). HO was thrilled....which is a nice feeling.
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Hey, it worked !! I wish I had pics of it done...oh well whatever....it worked ! I never used to be able to get pics to work.

It looks like you have a lot of room. Why not use traditional duct?
    Karst means cave. So, I search for caves.

Looks like a clean install. Why the high velocity with all that room ?
    i belong to peta ... people eating tasty animals. all my opinions are just mine.

they're not doing it for the room.....they're doing it for the quality. Better system.

Quote Originally Posted by brian in mass View Post
    they're not doing it for the room.....they're doing it for the quality. Better system.
    What are the benefits over a traditional system?
    Karst means cave. So, I search for caves.

Those high velocity systems look pretty cool!! I'm going to the factory in April for a tour & training.

That looks like the way to go for retro fits.

Nice install.

I'm with Caveman, not sure what benefits there are IF you have the room to run regular ducts. But the workmanship is great, nice attention to details. Your new boss should be very happy with your work.

I am guessing they did it due to another area that a regular ductwork would not work out, as you can see in one of the photo, a group of duct going down some where.

the high velocity space pac always interested me and they are a pretty cool system!I only have one customer that has one and I do the maintaince on it.but has never given him any major problemsnice work and keep up the good work
    Last edited by meoff; 03-26-2008 at 10:03 PM.
    do it right the first time!

Hey thanks guys....it looked better once I was done and straightened out everything....i'm kinda anal like that....i will actually have dreams about little details of the job that don't sit well with me.....so I just do everything right and avoid my HVAC demons !! LOL..... But anyway I am just happy the pics worked !! hahaha The Unico system is one i've been using for years now and love it...I first installed one working for This Old House, and really fell in love with it. True it goes where no other can, which is why you find yourself in installer hell most of the time with it, but sometimes you find yourself in a sweet job like this one where it's mindless, and they just want it because it's real nice. HV systems...I only install Unico.....remove 33% more humidity than regular, aspirate to the point where the iliminate drafts in rooms, will garantee no more than a 1* variance from the bottom corner of a room to the opossite top corner. Have extreamly low loss through ducts,are obviously less intrusive,they get like a 22-27 temp drop where conventional is like 15-18%,they are a really nice option if your clientel can afford it.
    In this particular case, the gentlemen bought this home, and remodeled it before moving in. He re-painted the entire thing, inside and out..new roof, new boiler, wall paper...etc. He wanted certain things and A/C was one of them. He liked "special" things in his home, such as fancy moldings, expensive fridge,koi pond...and when I showed him what I can do with Unico above and beyond what they offer....he jumped on it. So I threw one upstairs and had the painter paint all the grills to match the particular rooms.....they dissapearded. And I had the wallpaper hanger take a couple of extra grills home and practise on them for the master suit. When he did it, it was unbelievable....I wish I had a picture...with the particular patern, it was REALLY nice. And I also put one downstairs with my "special" touches and tricks in his hardwood floors. It worked out real nice down there too, because the basement was real small for the large house, and the rest was crawlspace from 4' to 18". It was really hard to run the duct out into the basement, around, and back into the crawlspace through the plumbing of the Veissman I put in. But I cut every single shelf out of a wall of buil-ins, and ran the duct through the shelving,up into bays, and suavly around plumbing in such a manner it looked like it was supposed to be there ! HO was soo happy, he threw me a hefty tip.

cool job dude...i was gonna say that looks like space pak...we just did a space pak job for a brand new wrigley field "rooftop bleacher" building...we had 52 2" supplies in the party room area...lol...it was crazy...turned out great tho..

Nice Job Brian!!

Got to love the Unico, I put one in my new house in 2001, my first/experimental install for Unico. People thought I was nuts, but out of all of my jobs, the A/C was far superior over any conventional system I installed. Performance, space, looks, etc, it has it all.

Now...I need to make sure it is performing TOP notch as I want to convert from oil to geothermal and keep the Unico.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast