Is anyone else as slow as I am??

Work is really slow for me a quite a few companies in my area, scary!!! We just lost a job to a non-union contractor by $100,000!! Then he somehow got mine and another coworkers phone # and was trying to recruit us to come and run the project for him. Unbelievable!!!

thats unbelievable. i think its safe to say most are slowing down. although here in new jersey we have been steady. but still had to make a layoff the people who stayed we more than busy.

There is always going to be someone with a inside man. You still have to bid so your business does not go broke.
    Me I have a well diversified porfolio one day install insulation, heat pump, work on washing machine's driers, or help fix a friends breaks

here in phx service companies are staying above the fray. new construction companies have laid of ove 50% of their installers...keeping managers and sending them back in the field, we have over 40,000 vacant new homes out here. forclosures everywhere, 2 homes up for action on my road. Alot of lay offs, All the comission hungry loan officers are out of jobs and loosing thier homes to. I have not sold a unit in over a month ( some of the guys in sales have had10-15,000 dollar months . not me...It's rough out there.

in CT

little slow for our 5 man operation.... managed to keep everyone working as of now but am hoping things pick up a bit as the weather warms!

I'm in the commericial printing business and have several commericial accounts tied to the housing market and it's scary slow. Everyone I know in any type business is hurting right now. Some may not make it because of the lack of cash flow.

thanks GW...we all appreciate it

I have been with this company for three years and this is the slowest it has ever been. 25-30 hours a week for the last month or two. were the hell is global warming when you need it.

it's so slow our clocks are turning backwards

The Seattle region is slow as well. For those who have been through these cycles before, well you know...for those who have not, time to button down the hatches and take care of the home front.

Let good judgement be your guide. Do not haste in taking the required steps for ecomonic survival. These kind of times are a thinking mans game.