Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Pascone10 View Post
    printman also be sure to keep everything nice, straight, and pitched or you may run into problems with a real long line. how long are you planning on running this?
    The unit is in about the middle of the attic so to get the drain outside is about 30 ft. I figure the total drop is about 7 1/2" and I believe I can get this much drop.

ok just be sure everything is straight and not sagging. you'll be good to go.

Doesnt hurt to use a larger line like an 1 1/4" or 1" instead of a 3/4 all the way, also make sure there is a union at the coil so that the point where the water leaves the coil can be cleaned.

Quote Originally Posted by hivacer View Post
    Doesnt hurt to use a larger line like an 1 1/4" or 1" instead of a 3/4 all the way, also make sure there is a union at the coil so that the point where the water leaves the coil can be cleaned.
    I always thought the trap is where it usually needed cleaning. I was just going to usa a T fitting leaving the coil with a cap so I could have access later for cleaning the trap. Maybe I need to re-think this and make the whole connection including the trap so I can take if off for cleaning.

Why would going to a larger drain line help anything? There's not that much volumn flowing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12