Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bryant cycling

Bryant cycling

I'm working on an older Bryant gas furnace. It starts up fine, and after the t-stat is satisfied it shuts off. But before the blower shuts off after cool down, the furnace starts up on another cycle. The control board is new and I changed out the t-stat. What else could cause this erratic cycling?

That's top secret info. Are you a tech?
    This space for rent.

Its not the board, or the stat.

You can keep on wasting money throwing parts on it.
    Or you can haave a tech come out and fix it for less then all the parts your going to be replacing that aren't bad.

Sorry, no DIY is allowed on this board.
    Please read the rules.

Check your air filter, if its clean, call a service company. Its time it had a tune up anyways.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

We really can NOT help you the site rules call it a "sin"

Seriously hire a profesional before you burn down your house, please read warning below
    WARNING:IF YOU DON'T KNOW THEN DON'T DO, SO THOSE WHO KNOW WHAT YOU DIDN'T KNOW DON'T END UP UNDOING WHAT YOU DID SO IT COULD GET DONE RIGHT!

Are the windows open?

I finally replaced the blower motor. I had to modify the cabinet and now something rattles. But this did not fix the cycling problem. My cousin thinks it might be the gas valve, so monday we're going to replace it with one he found in his garage. I think he's right, sometimes a stuck gas valve can make the burners come on at the wrong times.

Quote Originally Posted by hopfrog View Post
    I finally replaced the blower motor. I had to modify the cabinet and now something rattles. But this did not fix the cycling problem. My cousin thinks it might be the gas valve, so monday we're going to replace it with one he found in his garage. I think he's right, sometimes a stuck gas valve can make the burners come on at the wrong times.

let us know when you find the correct part.

this would be a quick and easy fix for a pro should you do the right thing and call one

even tho pricing is not alowed i realy would like to know how much this has cost you when you are done.

Step Away

really what you think someone will tell you what to do read rules before you post NO DIY allowed anyways I hope you have a blast a real blast
    Im a technician not a magician

We had a little extra time this morning, so I removed the filter holder so the new blower would fit better. My cousin said I could put filters in the cold air returns and get the same effect. The only problem now is that I had to move the furnace four inches to the right, which cocked the ac coil in a slant. We duct taped the gap, and even though it's 30 degrees outside, we ran the air conditioner for about twenty minutes and it seemed to run okay.
    P.S. You don't write well. Is that typical among hvac 'experts'?

So far just $695 because my cousin can get a discount from a friend of a friend who knows a guy that has a father-in-law who tinkers with ac's and works at a parts house. He gets a five finger discount sometimes. Hee hee. The control board was used but it seems okay, except for that big crack.

No. Butt ficksing mistaks DIY'ers think thay no wat to do is.:

Quote Originally Posted by hopfrog View Post
    So far just $695 because my cousin can get a discount from a friend of a friend who knows a guy that has a father-in-law who tinkers with ac's and works at a parts house. He gets a five finger discount sometimes. Hee hee. The control board was used but it seems okay, except for that big crack.

Well at least you have a good sense of humor

this whole tread is starting to sound funny

This is a joke right.........?

One of you a'holes is having some fun posting this siht ..........

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast