Thread: Rheem Mod question

Post Likes

Rheem Mod question

In the specification document for an RGFD unit, the blower specs seem odd, in that the -12ERCM model shows a blower size of 11 x 10", whereas the -09 & -010 show a size of 12 x 11".

All three blowers are 1 HP and have the same output (CFMs).

Can anyone explain (what appears to me) this oddity?

Thanks.

AM

P.S., I have also seen this with other brands (I believe Carrier).

Post Likes
    I believe that those sizes refer to the furnace cabinet size of the blower compartment. Different sizes for different applications. I could be wrong though.

Anyone else?

Post Likes
    The 09 and 10 are 21" wide, the 12 is 24" wide so you probably are on to something.

Post Likes
    Rheem are the most installer unfreindly units ever, Have you ever done a 90plus horizontal with A/C coil on it? Wow, production plan on few extra hours of labor putting in one of these .

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BaldLoonie View Post
    The 09 and 10 are 21" wide, the 12 is 24" wide so you probably are on to something.
    Went back to the spec sheet. The left-most column lists:

BLOWER (D X W IN.) [mm]

The pictorial shows the blower assembly. Could this be the length/width dimensions?

AM

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Dog View Post
    Rheem are the most installer unfreindly units ever, Have you ever done a 90plus horizontal with A/C coil on it? Wow, production plan on few extra hours of labor putting in one of these .

Twilli says try Ruud's they are easier
    No Heat No Cool You need Action Fast

Post Likes
    Actually, there is more than a diameter and width difference. Im sure engineering has a reason but the wheel on the 12 as 54 blades and the wheel on the 09 and 10 have only 43 blades. The cooling CFM is the same, but the modules are slightly different because of the difference in the wheels. The heating CFM is different also.

Yes the cabinet is larger and as mentioned, that may have played into the wheel selection.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in