Confused txv bulb unwrapped

The txv bulb on the outside unit the wrap is just hanging over it.Don't think it was always like that guess I need to call the dealer and I still don't think its charged right with the stat set at 68F outside temp of 38F the best air temp out the nearest reg is 84F all they have ever done is check the pressures don't think they know how to do anything else think I chose unwisely I do have the ten year part and labor from goodman

I haven't worked on a Goodman in a while but most outdoor Expansion Valves are not wrapped with insulation.

Your 10 yr warranty should be through Goodman and not the dealer. You should be able to call another contractor out and still have it covered. But check on it first. Don't take my word for it.

it was wrapped its still there just hanging maybe it doesn't mater sense not all companys do it

Yes, the sensing bulb should be wrapped. The TXV itself does not need to be wrapped but Goodman provides a rubber boot for them just for looks.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

no boot

Quote Originally Posted by rklabo View Post
    The txv bulb on the outside unit the wrap is just hanging over it.Don't think it was always like that guess I need to call the dealer and I still don't think its charged right with the stat set at 68F outside temp of 38F the best air temp out the nearest reg is 84F all they have ever done is check the pressures don't think they know how to do anything else think I chose unwisely I do have the ten year part and labor from goodman
    I had to re-attach the black foam insulation on the GSH condenser's TXV with a few tye wraps - no big deal.

At 38F outside, per Goodman's Tech Info, a 3-ton unit should be putting out 96 degree air (70 room air plus 26 degrees across the indoor coil = 96 degrees).

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by rklabo View Post
    If you are getting 84F at the register you need to check what is coming out of the air handler itself before blaming charge. You should see ~ 95F. If not, then you have a refrigerant capacity problem or airflow restriction (heat absorption) at the outside unit due to grass clippings, ice, too close to the house, garbage cans, weeds, etc., fouling the coils or too much airflow over the indoor coil - which is very rare.

84F at the register is a symptom of an inefficient distribution system. Your ducts are leaking, improperly sized, insulated and the airflow is not balanced. This is unfortunately an industry norm, and needs to be addressed at installation time - but you and your contractors can still make improvements with proper measurements, analysis and remediation.

Its a 4ton heat pump I called them a few weeks ago about the blower speed someone on this forum told me that my furnace comes with the blower set for a 5 ton they never changed it for the factory settings they were supposed to come out and check it when but they never came at all.
    Called them this morning about the bulb thing told them I though it should get hotter than 84F the nearest duct is about 11feet away for the furance.
    if they don't come in a couple of days I will call them again