Thread: Wrong equipment

Wrong equipment

After many posts and questions as to why my Carrier 3 stage is only showing Low and High on the TSTat, it appears I indeed have a 2 Stage unit installed.

While tech was here I looked at the model number on the unit. It is a 58MVB.
    Contract calls for a 58MVC. Tech was going to take info back to the office.

What should I expect? Swap of units, no questions asked, or some other offer? Whats reasonable? Would love some input here!

If thats what you purchased thens that what you should get. You may be able to work something out on the present unit to avoid replacing it. I doubt you would notice any difference from 2 or 3 stage.

Does the unit heat/cool the way it should? Since you contracted for a 3 stage unit, you will have a bargaining chip. If you are comfortable with the unit you have, you may want to talk to the installer about refunding the difference.
    I have never been lost, but I will admit to being confused for several weeks.-Daniel Boone-

Just because a person wanders does not mean he is lost.

Thumbs up

Little diffrence between 3 stage to 2 stage if you like the 2stage keep it. Have them either throw something new in the deal like a hassle free 10 yrs parts & labor warranty or some nice UV lights or a possible reinbursment for diffrence. If you do keep have the re-write contract with new prices m/n & s/n. Either way you got a new Carrier & life is good
    WARNING:IF YOU DON'T KNOW THEN DON'T DO, SO THOSE WHO KNOW WHAT YOU DIDN'T KNOW DON'T END UP UNDOING WHAT YOU DID SO IT COULD GET DONE RIGHT!

They should give you the option of some bennie to keep this unit.
    Or have them install the correct one no charge.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?