Another brand question

When one goes to sell their home, what brands make a bigger impression with buyers compared with setting red flags? I'm not talking about contractor experience with warranty callbacks, but more questioning buyer perceptions of product quality.

Does it make much difference to a home buyer if the gear is recent or has a respected name, or is it more important that is is just working properly per the home report?

Well I guess thats up to the new homeowner.

I would recommend get a system installed properly and get the extended warranty. Most of them are transferrable to the new HO.

Also, get routine service done until you sell the home. This shows that the system has been taken care of.

I would take a well installed Concord over a hacked in Trane anyday....no wait, I'd just reinstall it

Quote Originally Posted by larry2 View Post
    When one goes to sell their home, what brands make a bigger impression with buyers compared with setting red flags? I'm not talking about contractor experience with warranty callbacks, but more questioning buyer perceptions of product quality.

Does it make much difference to a home buyer if the gear is recent or has a respected name, or is it more important that is is just working properly per the home report?
    You might have bought a home or many homes did it matter to you?

90% of homeowners are not aware of what brand their HVAC system is. The efficiency, age and features of a system are most important if anything about the HVAC system is.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

I looked at the one at this house before I bought it.It was'nt make or break.I looked at the age first and really did'nt consider the brand as important.

my experience with real estate, new construction or used is that "pretty" sells. most home owners like the crown mouldings, chair rails, fancy kitchens, bathrooms ect. they tend not to care what brand furnace or central ac is installed. that is not what their friends or family sees when they show off their new house. not that new mechanicals wont help sell a house,I Install equipment for people who are trying to sell their homes all the time....but does it have to be new? no, just "pretty"