Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Knowing which companies sell the most installs, doesn't tell which sells the most high end equipment.

The largest Carrier dealer in this area, doesn't sell the most high end systems percentage wise.
    The largest Trane dealer in this area, doesn't sell the most high end systems percentage wise.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by sdgrease View Post
    This thread has actually been slipping off track a little bit. The real question was about what percentage of total high-end sales is captured by each one of those three major vendors. I get the idea that I should correct my original guess of rankings to:
    1. Carrier/Bryant
    2. Trane/American Standard
    3. Lennox

The next question is - what percentage of high-end residential heat pump installs do each of these guys get? I'll make another guess that you folks can take pot-shots at :
    • Carrier/Bryant 45%
    • Trane/A-S 40%
    • Lennox 15%

I think that each of you will have a really good handle on who sells the most installs in your area, at least.
    As noted by beenthere, there is NOT a market share report that shows type of unit sold. We only have HP, AC, and Furnace reports.

It is not detailed beyond those three categories.

Anybody that claims otherwise is guessing just like you.
    Perhaps you should have read the instructions before calling.

Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    Knowing which companies sell the most installs, doesn't tell which sells the most high end equipment.

The largest Carrier dealer in this area, doesn't sell the most high end systems percentage wise.
    The largest Trane dealer in this area, doesn't sell the most high end systems percentage wise.
    We pretty much sell only high end Trane equipment. Very little mid/low and we sell mostly Carrier/Bryant mid/low with very little high end. We sell no mid/low Lennox and only high end on their stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by bmathews View Post
    We pretty much sell only high end Trane equipment. Very little mid/low and we sell mostly Carrier/Bryant mid/low with very little high end. We sell no mid/low Lennox and only high end on their stuff.
    Ok.
    But, are you the largest/biggest dealer in your area for the brand you sell the most high end equipmet in.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    High end market share,will vary by market ,from what I've seen.

Based on "promo" sales ,which Trane and Carrier keep records,Lennox likely does too but I haven't seen theirs,Carrier is first,in Florida.

However in the Orlando area,second or maybe third ,based on 2007.

The answer to the question is skewed by the new construction market. Many new home project claim to have high end units, but really do not. The average customer is driven more by proce point than anything else. It takes a willing salesman who actually knows the product line to be able to expalin the benefit of using better equipment as opposed to builders grade or mid grade. It depends on many factors as to what we sell, but we like the higher end product for many reasons. In general, the better the system we install, the more delighted the client. When you can install a variable speed blower for example, it allows you to tweek airflow much more easily, to perform dehumidification better, and to compensate some for poor ductwork which has been existing and cannot be changed out. We like two speed compressors for better control and better energy consumption in most cases. With the greening of america, using "environmentally friendly" refrigerants is becoming very popular. In the end, we seem to experience less problems with high end equipment. The upsell helps our p&l a bit too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12