Thread: A question for all installers.

Post Likes

A question for all installers.

When you are nailing in boots what are your preferences? The reason I ask is the way I was showed is to use your hammer(mine is a nice little stanley 20z steel with a slim design) and hit the nails in with the side of the head. For example if it is in the middle of a 4" x 10" to swing at it with the side. Is there an easier way? Or, perhaps, a better hammer or tool? Sorry if this isn't an accurate desricption or in the wrong forum.

Post Likes
    Thats the way I used to do it. I did use a pair of needle nose to hold the nail, I got tired of hitting my fingers. I used a sheetmetal hammer though.
    Karst means cave. So, I search for caves.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by arbormatt View Post
    When you are nailing in boots what are your preferences? The reason I ask is the way I was showed is to use your hammer(mine is a nice little stanley 20z steel with a slim design) and hit the nails in with the side of the head. For example if it is in the middle of a 4" x 10" to swing at it with the side. Is there an easier way? Or, perhaps, a better hammer or tool? Sorry if this isn't an accurate desricption or in the wrong forum.

I have done it that way and seems to work for me.

Post Likes
    Oh Yes.. Just like Karsthunr says.. prob. the BEST advice there is on that subject.. School of hard knocks is in!!

Post Likes
    I just use teh head of the hammer.
    If you don't hit it like your trying to hold up the floor with it, it won't harm the boot.

Post Likes
    Use side of the hammer first but finish up with the hammer’s head.

Post Likes
    1" roofing tacks, they have a sharp point penetrates easy.

Post Likes
    roofing nails and the side of a duct hammer, have used sheetrock screws and a drill...but i like hammer and nails myself.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in