+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ~ Refco Digimon ~

Post Likes

~ Refco Digimon ~

My work just picked one up, I think the general price is around $250 and in my opinion thats Cheap.

Can't wait to use it and see how well or crappy it works

Built in Micron gauge, wonder how well it really works.

http://www.acr-news.com/products/pro...g+Manifold+Set
    I forgot my Pen !!!

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Think of the old stuff as dumb and strong and the new stuff as smart but just not so tough.

weber is offline Professional Member/Membership Committee
    Post Likes
    Looked at one at the supply house.

Dosen't look very field friendly, and responds slowly.

For that price did it come with the hoses?
    "Correct Installation is the Key"

.1 has killed more HX then Rush Limbaugh

What is your TESP?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by weber View Post
    Looked at one at the supply house.

Dosen't look very field friendly, and responds slowly.

For that price did it come with the hoses?

Comes with 4 or 6 foot hoses and a very nice carrying case. It will be interesting to see how well it preforms.
    I forgot my Pen !!!

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Think of the old stuff as dumb and strong and the new stuff as smart but just not so tough.

Post Likes
    Just wondering if an opinion has been formed yet on the Digimon's.
    Currently in the market for something like this.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by cctrol View Post
    Just wondering if an opinion has been formed yet on the Digimon's.
    Currently in the market for something like this.
    Look at the Digimon from an objective point of view. $250.00 for 50 onboard refrigerants, SH/SC, backlit display, auto off, auto calibration, carrying case, hoses, protected LCD display and the kicker vacuum level dispaly at the micron level. Sound just a little unrealistic? That's because it is. A quality micron gauge is going to cost more than this entire rig - if that's not enough to dissuade your thoughts about buying a knock off - first hand field experience with it right here: http://tinyurl.com/48muoo

Stick with Digi-Cool or Testo. The DC 1600 is scheduled for release in just a short while and TRUTech Tools [ http://www.trutech.com/ ] stocks the Digi-Cool products now.

Post Likes
    I have a Digimon and have used it since Christmas 2007 with no problems.
    It hangs on the bulkhead with my other gauges.

It's update of 3 seconds is a little slow but I haven't had a problem with it yet.

The micron gauge doesn't read exact microns. It reads a code for different levels it reaches Like 500 and 100 microns ect.

The temp probe is instant! It might be it's best feature. I bought a small wood working clamp to clap the probe to either the liquid or suction line.

I"m still on the same 9 volt battery.

So far I'm happy. It has a 2 year warranty so for the price I thought it was worth it.
    Scooter

UA Local 630
    West Palm Beach, Florida
    RSES
    FL. Class A License

www.enterpriseaire.com

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by servicef1rst View Post
    Look at the Digimon from an objective point of view. $250.00 for 50 onboard refrigerants, SH/SC, backlit display, auto off, auto calibration, carrying case, hoses, protected LCD display and the kicker vacuum level dispaly at the micron level. Sound just a little unrealistic? That's because it is. A quality micron gauge is going to cost more than this entire rig - if that's not enough to dissuade your thoughts about buying a knock off - first hand field experience with it right here: http://tinyurl.com/48muoo

Stick with Digi-Cool or Testo. The DC 1600 is scheduled for release in just a short while and TRUTech Tools [ http://www.trutech.com/ ] stocks the Digi-Cool products now.

I see S1 is banned for telling everyone they should read the real story on these JUNK[/B]tools via another link. Am I getting this right??? Wow you really care for the tech's that make your site. You would think with all the questions about the product someone might be greatfull for not spending their hard earned money on that junk.
    I tell ya if it is not made by Digi Cool or TESTO don't waste your money, do it once and do it right.

Post Likes
    One of my co-workers bought the Digimons.
    After 2 weeks of occasional use the display became erratic.
    Upon returning them to Refco (he had to pay the shipping ) he was told that it looked like they had been dropped so no warranty.
    Whats up with that? An hvac tool that cant take any abuse?
    I cant speak for anyone else, but I work hard and I expect the same from my tools.
    If I have to baby it why bother.
    JMHO.
    We've been doing so much,for so long,with so little, that now we can do almost anything, with nothing at all.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by a\c don View Post
    One of my co-workers bought the Digimons.
    After 2 weeks of occasional use the display became erratic.
    Upon returning them to Refco (he had to pay the shipping ) he was told that it looked like they had been dropped so no warranty.
    Whats up with that? An hvac tool that cant take any abuse?
    I cant speak for anyone else, but I work hard and I expect the same from my tools.
    If I have to baby it why bother.
    JMHO.
    Did you expect anything less?

What is your TESP?

Post Likes
    Well Let me give my input on the digimons.

JUNK!!!!!!!!!

I purchased a set...been slow so very light use.
    1. Plastic knobs cracked..Refco sent me 2 extra.

2. Erratic readings. Called customer support. FYI MY booklet came only with the Swiss phone number. Not USA. recommended zeroing them. Cleaned sensor with alcohol like you do a micron gauge. solved the problem, temporally.

3. Micron readings are NOT microns..but K-microns...have to look at conversion chart in instruction book.

3. Finally after less than 2 months very light usage high side quits working. Called Refco "Keith". did a few over the phone fixes. Nothing. Agreed its dead. Bring it back to Johnston's for "over the counter" change out.

4. Bring set to Johnston's, Told last set they sent back, Refco refused to fix under warrenty. But we will send them back YOU PAY SHIPPING back to refco.
    2 weeks later refco receives the gauges back. Ok shipping time was slow, but at least they got them.
    .they called back...yes we got your gauges in...

around noon get another call from Refco....their is a part broken off the bottom...and "something" rattling around inside the gauges...obviously they have been dropped....and there for the warrenty is VOID!!!!

I explain to them that I did not drop the gauges...and THAT Johnston's will VERIFY that their were NO parts broken off of the gauges when I gave them to them....maybe damnaged in shipping?? Well part was inside the box....but gauges were bubble wraped so could not have been danaged in shipping....so NO WARRENTY!...but were in 1 peice when jonhstones shipped them...now got a broken peice inside the box....sooo how do u explain that? No telling...but flat out REFCO WILL NOT REPAIR OR REPLACE THE GAUGES!. OH If u want them back u pay shipping.

Ask for name of supervisor...ILL post that and e-mail address in a min.

Soo Call Local Johnston's (Melbourne Florida 321-676-4177)..Talk To manager Mark...ya we have a problem with vendors doing this Ill check into it and get back with you...but not much we can do.....he never called me back....so I take it as "sucks to be u" response...

Sooo any way Get the name of Mr. in of REFCO for USA...but he's traveling until Wednesday....
    Steve Secord (1-800-848-4232)..secretary Cindy I believe...same one who passes me off to Keith the head tech who said no warrenty.. said Steve Secord is traveling until Wednesday..."I can call him back then"...guess they cant take a message at refco

Sooo got Steve's e-mail address
    f.secord@refcoswiss.com
    73% of Americans say that illegal immigration is a problem. The other 27% say, "No habla inglis!"

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Maineiac View Post
    I see S1 is banned for telling everyone they should read the real story on these JUNK[/B]tools via another link. Am I getting this right???
    Hope it's not permanent.
    That would be a big loss
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Maineiac View Post
    I see S1 is banned for telling everyone they should read the real story on these JUNK[/B]tools via another link. Am I getting this right??? Wow you really care for the tech's that make your site. You would think with all the questions about the product someone might be greatfull for not spending their hard earned money on that junk.
    I tell ya if it is not made by Digi Cool or TESTO don't waste your money, do it once and do it right.
    I guess he was politically incorrect.
    I agree with your product assessment M.
    We've been doing so much,for so long,with so little, that now we can do almost anything, with nothing at all.

Post Likes
    I have not tried the Digimons but went to local Johnson Supply and was told they came with a 2yr replacement warranty. If they fail they would give you a new set within the first 2yrs. I was also told the first sets that came out had problems, but now that was taken care of. I would like feedback from anyone who has purchased these sets in 2008.

Post Likes
    The 2008 models are having many problems, and are very fragile in the field. From what I hear they are denying majority of claims saying that they are not manufacture defects.

What is your TESP?

Post Likes
    I purchased mine 3 months ago...from Johnstones....IT took 2 weeks from tie I gave set back to johnstones to be recieved by Refco. A week of jerking around....now waiting for my "new" set to come back to johnstones....sooo the over the counter exchange is takeing ...5 weeks IF it takes 2 weeks to get them back. And I had to pay shipping back to refco. Do some serious whineing and wimpering to get them to honor thier warrenty.

FYI The Melbourne Florida Johnstones has sold 2 refco digimons. Both were sent back for warranty repairs. BOTH sets we denied warranty repair. Unlike the other guy I did not give in...and my warranty claim was eventualy honored. But it took way way too much effort.

I strongly recomend u save up the $$ and get a better set of digitals. I went cheap and got the refcos....and in my view they are a total waste of money.
    73% of Americans say that illegal immigration is a problem. The other 27% say, "No habla inglis!"

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by doglips View Post
    I purchased mine 3 months ago...from Johnstones....IT took 2 weeks from tie I gave set back to johnstones to be recieved by Refco. A week of jerking around....now waiting for my "new" set to come back to johnstones....sooo the over the counter exchange is takeing ...5 weeks IF it takes 2 weeks to get them back. And I had to pay shipping back to refco. Do some serious whineing and wimpering to get them to honor thier warrenty.

FYI The Melbourne Florida Johnstones has sold 2 refco digimons. Both were sent back for warranty repairs. BOTH sets we denied warranty repair. Unlike the other guy I did not give in...and my warranty claim was eventualy honored. But it took way way too much effort.

I strongly recomend u save up the $$ and get a better set of digitals. I went cheap and got the refcos....and in my view they are a total waste of money.
    Good to hear some feedback. I was just curious on quality of product. My local Johson said they had 140 of them in but were going to ship to different stores and only had 40 left to sell at particular store. Can techs respond to what brand and model of digitals they have tested and are pleased with.

Post Likes
    Maineiac, you know why your don't see any posts about being grateful for them not spending there hard earned money on junk?
    Because all they see is $250.00.
    It only makes the big boys toys only more expensive.
    Hopefully they will learn a lesson to start with only the best toys.
    I guess the ones that do not learn are the ones going broke.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by anacdoctor View Post
    Maineiac, you know why your don't see any posts about being grateful for them not spending there hard earned money on junk?
    Because all they see is $250.00.
    It only makes the big boys toys only more expensive.
    Hopefully they will learn a lesson to start with only the best toys.
    I guess the ones that do not learn are the ones going broke.
    Maybe you don't get those responses because the company buys the tools and not the techs. So it does not come out of their pocket. They just want feedback for reliable tools and are not so concered with pricing.

Post Likes

you get what you pay for

purchased the digimons 1 week ago. the temp sensor is fried already. before purchase, spoke to refco regarding waterproof boot. the rep stated that is a suggestion he has heard several times, but nothing in the works. should have trusted my gut when i heard that response. definately not field durable. bottom casing of manifold is already cock-eyed (no drops and secured in truck). read response is severely slow. what a bummer this purchase was! when is the camo digi-cools available for purchase?

Post Likes
    Check out the different models on hvacproductratings.com and see what reviews there might be there. Also there is a feature that allows you to Talk to the Manufacturer directly and confidentially about the type of problem you had. You should definitely let them know what you think. The
    manufacturers that signed on to hvacproductratings.com did it in order to try and improve their products through the customers direct feedback.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in